How many hunting packs ???

prhunter

Apr 18, 2016
Far West Texas
Just wondering how many hunting packs you all have....

I currently own 4 dedicated hunting packs. 3 Eberlestock packs (Slingshot, Gunrunner, X2) and recently acquired a Mystery Ranch Pop Up 38.

I also have a meat hauling frame and several military style rucksacks

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I have 5-6 packs but I primarily use Stone Glacier. It fits me very well and very comfortable to pack out heavy loads.

JimP

Veteran member
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
At one time I had a dozen or so. The third hand shop now has just about all of them.

Now I get along with just 3. A Badlands day pack, a 30 year old Cabela's external frame pack, and just a frame pack. With those 3 I can handle anything that I need to do. That's why I got rid of all the rest.

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
iv got 4,,,kuiu 1850,w 3000 bag and 5200 bag as needed,,and a blacks creek 3000

taskswap

Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
Six I think?
  • Generic no-name Amazon day pack I mostly hike with but occasionally take on hunts so I guess that counts.
  • Cabela's turkey pack (worst I've ever owned)
  • Eberlestock J34 Just One (best I've ever owned)
  • Alps Pathfinder lumbar pack (hands down favorite for upland game and scouting hikes)
  • Eberlestock NoseGunner (I count this because I attached a Wisport Sparrow Pocket Coyote on the pack which makes it perfect for glassing missions - just enough to hold binos, a few gizmos, lunch, water, and a pistol)
  • Mountaintop 75L hiking pack, which I used before I got the J34 but still comes in handy. I keep my super cold weather gear in here so it's a grab and go on colder trips so I don't have to re-pack my main bag.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
probly a half dozen or so. bought an exo 3500 last year and it is my new favorite. have only used it to pack out a deer and an elk so far.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
at least 10. I literally only use 2 of them. The rest need to be sold.

I have a Kifaru Pack for hauling meat and back country hunting and I have a Badlands SuperDay for my daypack and eastern whitetail hunting.

Last edited:

Mr Nice

Feb 14, 2020
3 packs used regularly
- Badlands day pack for my wife to carry when doing local bowhunts
- Tenzing day pack that I carry when bowhunting, or my wife to carry when on larger rifle hunts
- Kuiu Icon Pro 7200 for bigger hunts

have another cheap pack that I still use for checking trail cameras, basically leave it in the side x side so the little things aren't bouncing around everywhere

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
2 badlands 2200 ( 1 old style & 1 new style) new style is a great pack and absolutely love it
1 badlands ox with bag
1 badlands day pack as a gym bag lol
1 Coleman peak frame and bag
1 day pack bought at the RMEF yearly camp fits well for day hunts but can't haul game

wife has a couple of womens packs like Tens and a badlands but she carries the 2200 when she hunts

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
5, I actually put a euro mount bull elk on one and hung it up in my shed for a decoration. I use 2 for ther most part, 1 as a spare or for someone to use if they don't have as good of one, the other collects dust and spiders.

Last edited:

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
three different meat packs. guess like to be optimistic about killing stuff AND having friends who will help. 😆

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Generally my friends only do it with me once, then I have to find new friends lol.
I know right !!! actually I have a few who are most always ready to help if at all possible . and they don't even beg for meat. they just like to do it. I do the same for them when able

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I know right !!! actually I have a few who are most always ready to help if at all possible . and they don't even beg for meat. they just like to do it. I do the same for them when able
I have to admit though...moving here and taking this job has given me friends who stick with me more now though...

Reactions: kidoggy

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Word! I've never expected any meat from helping a fellow hunter. I figure a good friend will be there when I need them for packing my critter deep outta the backcountry or whatever my need may be. That's a true friend.