Hounds killed by wolves

MSUcat61

Apr 7, 2011
ABQ, NM
I don't know the guy, but I just saw a facebook post last night of a guy whose three lion hounds were killed by a pack of wolves in Montana this weekend. It happened only a couple hundred yards in front of him and it was over before he got there. Reading the story and the corresponding comments pull on the heart strings for sure. I really feel for the guy and couldn't imagine losing my pup, let alone three that he's raised for 12 years. Anyone else see this post? It had nearly two hundred shares. I noticed this morning some other venues like the Montana Outdoor Radio Show posted it.

Here's the link to the MORS's report: http://www.montanaoutdoor.com/2013/01/15737/

BKC

Very Active Member
Feb 15, 2012
The high plains of Colorado
I always worry about predators when I tie up my horses to a tree and leave them all day. Not so much with wolves but plenty of lions in Colorado. I think two horses or more are more of a deterent but one horse alone could be inviting. It is sad for the hounds and the owner but it is part of the game when you are pitting beast vs. beast.

mnhoundman

Veteran member
Oct 25, 2012
Minnesota
That is sad! Unfortunately it's not the first time, just the most recent.
Ya saw it on biggamehoundsman.com guy has his story on there. Very sad happens quite a bit unfortunately. Getting to be way to many wolves, cant hardly run dogs in certain areas anymore. Really sucks... :mad:

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Very sad. What are they going to do when the wolves get into town and attack people? Unfortunately I think that's what will have to happen for these people to open their eyes.

hvfd21walker

Dec 18, 2011
Bitteroots
These guys are buddys of mine. They are awesome houndsmen. The worst part was his 14year old and 17year old daughter was there with them. They helped carry the dogs back 2miles to the truck. It is a horriblle deal. These dogs were not just hounds they were there family.

velvetfvr

Veteran member
May 6, 2012
Nv
Very sad. What are they going to do when the wolves get into town and attack people? Unfortunately I think that's what will have to happen for these people to open their eyes.
Yep, until it happens to a human these idiots won't do anything to control them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
The wolves here in S.E. Alaska really work over the deer and have been a factor in the declining black bear population. Not much wolf scat that isn't full of black bear fur.

That said, I wouldn't want the wolves to completely disappear, but they sure need to be actively managed!

I do wish that they had been reintroduced in Washington D.C. first, although eating some of the congress may turn the wolves into vegans!

SAR

Jun 6, 2012
Weed, CA
The wolves here in S.E. Alaska really work over the deer and have been a factor in the declining black bear population. Not much wolf scat that isn't full of black bear fur.

That said, I wouldn't want the wolves to completely disappear, but they sure need to be actively managed!

I do wish that they had been reintroduced in Washington D.C. first, although eating some of the congress may turn the wolves into vegans!
LOL.... good one AK. Those slim balls in DC certainly make me lose my appetite. Did I say that out loud..