Help pricing used Swaro spotter

crzytrekker

Jan 14, 2016
Crawford, Colorado
I am considering selling a used Swaro 65 ATS spotter, with the excellent 25-50 eyepiece. What would be a fair sale price, assuming I go that way.

This gear is two years old. I took the scope out on a couple backpacking trips, including one hunt. The gear is in great shape, but my style of meat hunting doesn't require it and I don't like the extra weight on a bivy hunt. Only reason to keep the scope would be sitting on my deck to spot deer and elk with my kids, which may be a good enough reason.

What would be a fair asking price for this gear? I think I put approximately $2,200 into the scope and eyepiece when new. My recollection is that the 25-50 eyepiece was more expensive than the 20-60.

Thanks!

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
What better reason to keep it than to view wildlife with your kids. Then at a latter date you may wish you didn't sell it! Possession is nie tent h's of the law! Keep it if you can!

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
I'd check ebay and search all of craigslist to see what people are listing them for. This isn't sold price, but can get you a ballpark number.

You can search all of craigslist here: http://www.searchcraigslist.org/
Good advice there. To take it one step further, add a few to your watch list then when they have sold it will tell you what price they actually sold for. If you sell locally (i.e. Craigslist) you can deduct the eBay fees from your price and still net the same.