Happy New Year!

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
same to you and all on site. going out today to try and finish off the year with a bull elk for my niece. this is her final day to get it done .

been a fun season and she's had some opportunities . just hasn't been able to seal the deal yet.

we put a bachelor band of 24 to bed last night . so with a bit of luck ,I think she has a fair chance.

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO
Happy New Year to all! Hope everyone has a blessed year and great hunting! Will start off mine with a hunt in Kansas this weekend! Hopefully a late season doe with my bow!!

Reactions: Prerylyon

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
same to you and all on site. going out today to try and finish off the year with a bull elk for my niece. this is her final day to get it done .

been a fun season and she's had some opportunities . just hasn't been able to seal the deal yet.

we put a bachelor band of 24 to bed last night . so with a bit of luck ,I think she has a fair chance.
well ,she got one . small bull . 4x4. wasn't what we were hoping for but it is what we had the opportunity on.
around two hundred fiftyish yards(can't actually remember what I ranged it at.lol) somewhere in that neighborhood .
.270 two shots,
first shot a wee far back. follow up lunged it . not perfect(she's mad at herself) but she did well .it happens and she sealed the deal

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
Happy New Year to all. I will begin my New Year in a shooter house in Mississippi with my 7 year old granddaughter hunting Whitetails. She may last an hour but it is her hunt so we do what she wants and stay as long as she likes. I have been blessed beyond measure!