Fishing 2016

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
this beautiful cutbow almost got thrown back, but I was feeling hungryDSCN1056.jpg
20"long 2lb and fat belly, good eats
and look what it hit!!!DSCN1059.jpg
river dropped a lot yesterday so I decided to go fish a spot under the freeway in town that rarely gets hit, and I wish I had my carp bow with me cuz monster carp were everywhere!

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
ivorytip, very cool. I have seen some trout caught in the fall on bass plugs but haven't seen it in the spring. That fish appears to have been eating well!

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
belly was chuck full of crawdads, I had seen pics of these guys night fishing for giant browns with mouse patterns and the likes and they cranked in some monsters! check it out, google night fishing silver creek Idaho. I don't like the hook set up on this lil guy, seems like a treble may work better.

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
Mark-big-brown.jpg ill throw the pics up on here, these things were pigging out on voles!

trout-eating-voles1920-1260x708.jpg
fyi, these are not my fish, pulled them off line, these guys doing research on big browns and how they feast at nigh on anything big.

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
this carp fishing has gotten ridiculously addicting! hooking into these beasts with my trout spin rod is insane! I have a new hobby:) we caught a few rainbows but we were in carp mode, didn't excite us yesterday as these did. son had an absolute blast! these were the three that didn't strip or break our lines.
DSCN1065.jpg

Last edited:

rcfireninja

Mar 3, 2014
Rapid City, SD

This shows how fish can be for a 7 year old. I took my son out of school to accompany me to the Missouri River for a paddlefish trip. He was not happy just sitting on the rocks watching me cast to no avail. When I lost interest not catching a paddle we ventured down to the docks to let him have his turn. Wouldn't you know it he caught the largest striped bass I've seen, a small mouth, and a walleye to boot. After the sunset he asked if we had to be done, not until your tired was my response. 2 hours later we finally made it to camp. Hopefully tomorrow I snag my paddlefish then let him show me how it's done again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcfireninja

Mar 3, 2014
Rapid City, SD

Another great day of fishing the Missouri! Still no paddlefish. 40 mph winds and 3 open flows from the dam made casting a bear. My boy caught more bass then i wanted to clean. Took about 20 shots before I took my first fish with my bow.

laxwyo

Very Active Member
I have a Lund boat that I bought used. I still can't figure out what these do.

I know what these do even though the pump must be out on the back one

There are live bait wells on top of live wells.

Anyone care to explain it a little?

dble07

Dec 6, 2014
I have a Lund boat that I bought used. I still can't figure out what these do.

I know what these do even though the pump must be out on the back one

There are live bait wells on top of live wells.

Anyone care to explain it a little?

Fill/drain/recirculate for your livewells. Fill mode pulls water from the outside to the pumps. Recirculate just recirculates the water in the livewells. Drain, well that one is easy:)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

laxwyo

Very Active Member
Fill/drain/recirculate for your livewells. Fill mode pulls water from the outside to the pumps. Recirculate just recirculates the water in the livewells. Drain, well that one is easy:)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
So, if the plugs are in it will still passively fill even if the are on "empty". I guess I don't understand since they will fill with water even though they are both on empty. They don't really empty unless the plugs are pulled.

The auto on the electric panel would do what? Fill them and pump new water so often? Like a level control?
When I turn the rear one on it doesn't lite up. I'd think if the pump was dead, it would still light up but wouldn't pump. Can't imagine it would have its own fuse but maybe that or wiring.

Last edited:

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
Laxwyo, I don't have a Lund but my boats livewell has a hollow tude that acts as a plug. When I use it it's constantly filling and the excess water spills over and drains thru the hollow pipe. Mine just has a on/off toggle switch. You may want to call Lunds customer service.

50bowhunter

Jan 6, 2016
Spent yesterday putting crappie in the boat and landed the biggest sunfish I've ever seen.

Finsandtines

Very Active Member
Jun 16, 2015
Florida
Caught my first tarpon on first trip of the year. Lost another that was about 110lb this one probably goes about 70. Looks like there may be many more to catch!!! Image1463887198.430750.jpgImage1463887211.718736.jpgImage1463887273.630484.jpg