First aid kit's

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
Lol I don't blame you, dogs are better than women!
Good thing about dogs is the don't talk back. They are always happy to see you when you get home and don't get jealous when you pet another dog...
Kinda freaks me out a little the way you say that Jen...You have a dog ? :)

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
You're horrible. Yes, I do have a dog. I have two... And I like them more than any man. They always want to go with me and they never whine.
I'm hurt Jen....:(
Sounds like some women I know that whine. I don't take them with me though. I just tell them to leave.

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
I looked at CVS, Waly Mart and Rite Aid today for the powdered type Sawfish found at CVS. I couldn't find it. I have the gel in the tube. I've used it on dog and my monitor's lizard's claws if I cut too close. Works good but for human's I can see how the powder would be better.

Last edited:

racheljoely

Nov 14, 2012
There are many items to be carried in the first aid kid when ever necessary. An Emergency blanket or bag is a must have in any out bag, better choose an elemental emergency blanket is compact and light weight and made from aluminised An emergency blanket or bag is a must have in any outback survival kit for creating the warm atmosphere and some items which usually the first aid kit contains.

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
I carry one in my pack all the time. I actually used one many yrs ago. The condensation got me wet and I got colder. I got up at 3 am and hiked out to stay warm.

Old Hunter

Banned
Dec 28, 2011
Buena Vista, Co.
Well, now that i'm retired from hunting my record stands. I went 61 years of hunting every year, and never carried more than some band-aids. The best part is I never even used those.

Lucky, or careful?

SCREAMINREELS

Nov 29, 2012
TOMBALL,TX
my little kits basic few alcohol swabs, 1 pack bedadine swabs, , few feet transpore tape,few feet duct tape, small sealed sterile gauzepack , small abd pad, steristrips. hemostats, scissors, small scalpel all thrown in one sterilized bag. individual motrin, benadryl and pepto. small dermabond pen, small stapler, small suture kit. this all fits in a small ziplock.

my truck has an extensive kit of stuff. everything from iv for dehydratin, large staple kit, lidoacaine, ace wraps, finger splints, meds, etc. . ive used glue ans staples a few times, sutures once , benadryl came in handy on a snake bite. the iv is for dehydration mainly for my dog. its hot where i live and a long weekend in the field can turn bad if not monitored. never had to use it but have talked to people whose dog had died. by the time they saw signs it was too late id rather have too much in the truck and not need it, doesnt take up much room