FALL !!!!

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
47deg in my beer cooler. 87deg. cold water out of the faucet.110deg in the shade :cool:
Why do you keep your beer so hot for?

Don't you know that the perfect beer temperature is 34-36 degrees? 🍺🍺

And as for your water, that is bath water and I mean that literally if you are on the Phoenix area water systems. Now that 110 in the shade is what I think about when I think of Phoenix. Back in 74 when I almost went to work down there it was 110 degrees when we left at 11pm the first week of August. That is one job I am glad that I turned down.

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
Yep,Jim my nieces didn't believe me when i said 90deg was the low
during the summer.They came for a vacation to Lake Powell.Didn't want to
leave the houseboat with ac.Jump in the water and it is like taking a bath.
I learned long ago NOT to go camping in the summer in Az.No place to hide from the heat.
Motel or Car Ac is all you have.Cops don't appreciate naked swimmers or naked drivers.
P.S. my beer is in the freezer for exactly 4hrs then the alarm goes off.So I milk it for 4hrs more. :cool:

Reactions: JimP

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
I don't know about Arizona, but sometimes it's hot in the Winter here too! There's noting better than sweat and mosquitoes in January.
I know I had a Jan.1st Javelina hunt last year.Got all new Outfit for cold frosty weather.
It was 60's at night and upper 80's and 90's in the afternoons.I went through 5gal.of water in 4 days.
First day I hunted dawn till dusk and came back dizzy,nauseous and half hallucinating.
I have lived here all my life and never had heat prostration that bad.Boarderline heat stroke.
Spent the next 3 days hunting from the shady areas.Finally on the last day I found a herd.
0-3 in the high wind.All 3 shots way left of target.I lost 14lbs.in 5 days in the desert.
Reminder always bring shorts,tee shirts.( And scissors just in case all you have is foul weather gear.)
I hunt Archery Deer in Aug. no clothes just Camo body paint.Keeps the mosquitos off too! Ha!,Ha! :cool:

Wyoming Hart

Very Active Member
Oct 10, 2014
Spring Run, PA
92 here in PA today but back down to 70's with lows in the 50's tomorrow. Where we are hunting in Utah in a month the lows are starting to get into the 30's. I have had enough of the bugs, poison, rattlesnakes, heat, humidity, etc. for a summer. Bring on the snow!

Reactions: archeranthony

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
Its been an up & down seesaw here in Iowa the last month; but generally a trend towards cooling down. Its muggy and humid the last couple of days-more like July than September; but its supposed to cool down again towards the weekend

The weather service in Riverton, WY is forecasting snow in the Mtns...❄