EHJ Magazine

brdhuntr

Feb 17, 2016
Eagle Idaho
I just received my magazine,and had to laugh at the biased comparison test for the hunting coats. I noticed Sitka was the top dog with a couple of other brands. I guess Kuiu is no good, and was never even mentioned, come on guys, i know Sitka is a big sponsor, but you really dropped the ball on this one!!

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Not a good time to discuss their gear, whether good or bad. (do a google search)
Perhaps they'll be mentioned next year.

Colorado T

Aug 28, 2011
Littleton, CO
Maybe i have been living under a rock? Can you elaborate?
I believe he is referring to the lawsuit on both sides between Eastmans and Kuiu. Eastmans is suing for non-payment of advertising while Kuiu is countersuing because they feel Eastmans is misrepresenting their circulation #'s.

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
Might just be me, but I wouldn't push the products of someone who was suing me for whatever reason.
Maybe they don't like the business model either since Kuiu wants to be an aspirational brand for certain men only, no fats guys or females according to the owner.

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
I believe he is referring to the lawsuit on both sides between Eastmans and Kuiu. Eastmans is suing for non-payment of advertising while Kuiu is countersuing because they feel Eastmans is misrepresenting their circulation #'s.
Ah ....yeah I forgot about that......would explain the lack of comments on my post asking for help between two Kuiu products. :) Oh well.

Daubs

Aug 5, 2016
Nebraska
In a nut shell, Jason got screwed ..
I'd be interested to hear the back story to this. I was looking around Kuiu's web site...and they claim Gore purchased Sitka. But, as a very wise friend once told me, "The truth is somewhere in the middle..."

(I do need a new pair of hunting pants thought...)

D.

benjblt

Jul 5, 2015
I'd be interested to hear the back story to this. I was looking around Kuiu's web site...and they claim Gore purchased Sitka. But, as a very wise friend once told me, "The truth is somewhere in the middle..."

(I do need a new pair of hunting pants thought...)

D.
I'd take everything Jason says with a grain of salt. Everybody has their bias.

tttoadman

Very Active Member
Nov 16, 2012
Oregon
Let me start by noting that I didn't read the review, and I don't own any Kuiu gear.

I personally find it inappropriate for Eastman's to do a jacket review and leave out a key player in the market because of corporate issues. Many would say that the Kuiu clothing is the best around, so not including them in the discussion is a disservice to the target audience.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Let me start by noting that I didn't read the review, and I don't own any Kuiu gear.

I personally find it inappropriate for Eastman's to do a jacket review and leave out a key player in the market because of corporate issues. Many would say that the Kuiu clothing is the best around, so not including them in the discussion is a disservice to the target audience.
In light of the circumstances, I'm guessing they may be legally obligated to not mention them. Maybe their honest review wouldn't have been good and thrown potential slander into the case? I am sure there are solid reasons behind it that many of us won't know.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Its possible they also didnt want to review gear only a small section Of hunters could use. I know i personally wont fit in there cloths as they are made for only athletic built people and not much bigger then a xl if your lucky

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Its possible they also didnt want to review gear only a small section Of hunters could use. I know i personally wont fit in there cloths as they are made for only athletic built people and not much bigger then a xl if your lucky
Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Not to even mention kuiu is terribly overpriced.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I personally think most of the camo stuff is way overpriced. I wear camo military BDU's, have for 30 years.
But then you are not in the latest style and camo fashion. But I am the same way, a pair of BDU paints and a old brown camo shirt is what I usually wear. I have found that I would rather spend my money on something other than any of those fancy Dan camo companies items.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Some of them are good products, but most all are over priced.
That said, I use the new army digital camo for some of my western hunting. It looks a lot like Sitka gear and it 25% of the cost.
Other times, I'm wearing the brown brush-guard water resistant pants and western zone camo shirts. Study the environment you hunt in and buy what will blend in. I also use the camo to avoid other hunters when not wanting to be seen near a 'honey-hole'.
Of course, I'm usually sporting my Eastman cap! You can see me in this month's edition. :)