Eastmans magazine

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
toss em. in fact I seldom even open one. only reason I ever even bother to subscribe is because I like this forum site and figure I should support it.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Over the last 20 or so years I donated all my old read magazines to a friend who was in the US Military special forces. I would collect them and when I would have a good stack of them I would box them up and send them to him to share with his buddies while they were overseas.

Sadly just over a year ago he listened to some of the demons that were in his head after multiple deployments, the last one being near Syria and he ended his life.

Since then I haven't found someone to send old magazines to.

• Sad
Reactions: AKaviator

wildstreak

Nov 24, 2014
Kentucky
Over the last 20 or so years I donated all my old read magazines to a friend who was in the US Military special forces. I would collect them and when I would have a good stack of them I would box them up and send them to him to share with his buddies while they were overseas.

Sadly just over a year ago he listened to some of the demons that were in his head after multiple deployments, the last one being near Syria and he ended his life.

Since then I haven't found someone to send old magazines to.
Dang. That’s terrible. Sorry about your friend.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
It is all good with him, as I mentioned he had some demons in his head and the last deployment that he went on he came back a changed person. He wouldn't talk about it and would just clam up when someone brought up the subject of the US being over there.

So now he is in a much more peaceful place

That is one problem with getting up in age, close friends or even those who are far away start to pass away and you wonder why.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I have a few that are really old, but I usually take them to my local barbershop.
What??????????????????????????

You have a barbershop?????????????????????????

I have seriously been thinking of going with the Yul Brynner look myself.

With the cost of a haircuts from a "salon" I could buy a new rifle every year if I quit going to them.

Reactions: Bonecollector

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I have an old style barbershop with a lady barber in her 60"s. Great haircuts, I go once a month @ $20.00 including tip. I do have a full head of hair thaT GROWS FAST!

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I lost one barber when they retired and moved to Texas. I then found a great little shop down in Glenwood Springs that had a couple of ladies running it. One in her 70's who owned it and one in her 40's that did most of the cutting.

Then covid hit and they shut down never to reopen again. Now the only other one charges twice what I was paying before and is more of a salon than a barber shop. I have a petty good hair on the sides but the top is thinning out quite a bit whee a cap feels nice on chilly mornings.

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Like most magazines, I read them cover to cover and then I start my campfires with them at the pond. Sometimes I read them again while things are getting rolling and rip the pages out and feed the fire. lol

I would give them away but I dont have anyone to give them to.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
What??????????????????????????

You have a barbershop?????????????????????????

I have seriously been thinking of going with the Yul Brynner look myself.

With the cost of a haircuts from a "salon" I could buy a new rifle every year if I quit going to them.
I came to your conclusion 18 years ago so I married mine lol. We now own a salon. I will say, we like the donated magazines that people bring in occasionally.

Travis Horner

Feb 28, 2020
Powell, WY
I haven't been to a barbershop since 2003. :rolleyes: It was just a couple years later and POOF! 🤯 It's totally un-necessary now...

As far as old magazines, I get that question in the office quite often. I like the idea of sending them off to our military service members deployed around the world. GREAT IDEA! I have collected EHJ since 2005 and they are currently packed up in my personal archives. Every once in a blue moon, I'll pull out one of those old magazines just to read the old stories. They are CLASSIC! But here in the office, Our collection goes way back!!! If your not reading the old articles, I'm telling you, You might be missing out!

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Since I started working here...I have kept every copy. My wife was asking me what my plans are for them LOL. Keep them of course...