DIY South Carolina Alligator hunt would it fit the mold for the magazine??????

BuckeyeDIY

Mar 13, 2011
Little Hocking, Ohio
Just wondering If my wife and I's South Carolina DIY Alligator hunt would have a chance at getting in the magazine. We had to; build up preference points,we had to pick a unit, we had to draw a tag, and we did it all on our own. Like to know what you guys and gal think.

2009 south carolina alligator hunt 175.jpg 2009 south carolina alligator hunt 085.jpg 2009 south carolina alligator hunt 219.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

NVBird'n'Big

Veteran member
May 27, 2011
Reno, NV
I'm not sure about making it in the magazine because as we all know it is all about western trophy hunters but I am damn impressed! Thanks for sharing!

dhershberger

Jul 28, 2011
NM
That's pretty cool but I'm not sure if it would get in the magazine because Eastman's is about western hunting.

Doe Nob

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Maybe if it was spot and stalk archery, but the traditional method is more akin to trot-lining.

Nice gators though! What are you getting made?

BuckeyeDIY

Mar 13, 2011
Little Hocking, Ohio
Maybe if it was spot and stalk archery, but the traditional method is more akin to trot-lining.

Nice gators though! What are you getting made?
I should have been more specific, it was spot and stalk at night, with push poles and a 16' john boat. Instead of trot lines it was a 4 ft staff with a detachable barb. If thats not spot and stalk, what is? I was only considering it because of the caribou articles. We are having them tanned and made into rugs, boots purses and such, was literaly an arm and a leg. Thanks again for all of you guys takin the time to post opinions.