Digital Subscription

cmbbulldog

Jul 18, 2011
Quick question for those with a digital subscription. I have the EHJ and EBJ apps, so I can download to the newsstand, and then read the magazines from their. BUT, I cant read without internet service. I travel quite a bit, and like to read these things in air (part of the reason I switched to digital), but haven't figured out a way to read the magazines without an internet connection. My guess is I am no doing something right. Anyone know a work around?

Thanks,

Steve O

Apr 26, 2012
Michigan
Good luck. I've had nothing but problems with the app and no help from the front office. Gave all kinds of detail to try to solve the problems and could not even get a reply back. Some issues would would save, some would not. Those that did save magically reverted back to the "cloud". I travel all the time and loved having the MRS on PDF to study on my flights. This whole "app" and how hamstrung I am extracting what information there is in the MRS is extremely frustrating. Not to mention how the old format was taken away with no notice whatsoever. Very unprofessional.

cmbbulldog

Jul 18, 2011
Ipad. To be clear, I an download the magazines to the newsstand from the apps, but I cant read them without internet access.

Thanks,

cmbbulldog

Jul 18, 2011
Im not sure I follow. I go into the EHJ or EBJ app, and there is a download button. I click that button and it downloads to the Newsstand where I can view and read the magazine, along with past months... but I always need to be online to do so. Once it is on the newsstand, I have to download again, it takes a few seconds then it is in "read" mode.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
There are two places to download, one is in the text viewer. In the upper right hand you will see the arrow which cues a download. You will also need to open up the magazine view and it will start the download. Make sure you have it open until it says that the download is complete.

Steve O

Apr 26, 2012
Michigan
Steve, all you have to do is PM ScottR.
Yep. I've done that. A number of times...with lots of detailed information. After I originally talked to him on the phone. And I've got NO reply. Not even a "sorry we are not sure what to do". Just ignored.

cmbbulldog

Jul 18, 2011
Would like to thank Scott for taking the time to walk me through the process via phone today. It is more convoluted than I would like, but I did figure out to read the content while being offline.