D14 bucks

30/06Gary

Jul 5, 2013
Barstow, Ca
This D-14 thread just keeps getting better. Loving all the buck pics!!! Here are the shooters I have identified for my brother in law's junior tag since I'm doing A-31:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
He's gonna shoot the first legal deer we see, I'm hoping its one of these guys!

bigshot

Very Active Member
Apr 14, 2011
Crestline, CA.
Hey 30-06Gary, looks like he has a decent amount of bucks to choose from....should not be a problem for his Junior hunt. The hard part is waiting till Novemeber!! Seems soooo far away.

30/06Gary

Jul 5, 2013
Barstow, Ca
Hey 30-06Gary, looks like he has a decent amount of bucks to choose from....should not be a problem for his Junior hunt. The hard part is waiting till Novemeber!! Seems soooo far away.
Yup. I finally set my trail cam up in my A-31 spot. A bit late but better than not at all. Hopefully I can find him a buck but a doe will do as well. At least I got a couple bucks in my pocket for next year! Look forward to seeing your success pics!

87TT

Very Active Member
Apr 23, 2013
Idaho
Nice buck. What was the scoop? How far, What equipment? I just got back into bowhunting and this gives me inspiration.

Genetp

Aug 19, 2013
Guys first time I have posted to this site. Love all the pic of the bucks. I set my cam up back in Aug got some great Bucks. But they have all disappeared. Where do they go this time of the year? First time hunting D14. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks WGI_0042.jpgWGI_0043.jpgWGI_0044.jpgWGI_0045.jpgWGI_0003.jpg

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
Great pics Genetp and welcome to the Forum. I found out how much fun trail cams are this year( thanks to Muleys24/7...:). Even when you set in your yard around the house. Cats,skunks, raccoons,possums and a bobcat I've seen in my frount yard at night. No coyotes yet but they are around all the time. I need to set some in the hills behind me to see if any deer there.

Last edited:

bigshot

Very Active Member
Apr 14, 2011
Crestline, CA.
Cool looking buck Genetp, The bucks could be anywhere......the territory for the bucks in D14 is a little tricky, I have not figured it out myself. I killed a big unique unicorn buck a few years ago during rifle season and after I posted the picture on the website, I got an email from a local hunter saying he missed the same buck on whole different mtn about 5 miles away during the archery season!!

Sawfish

Very Active Member
Jun 9, 2011
Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
I have always felt like there is some mysterious magnetic force that notifies deer of the season opener. In Colorado, we used to ride around and see deer everywhere the day before season. Opening morning. Poof! They all disappeared.

Last edited: