Colorado Draw Results

bghunter

Jun 23, 2015
Granite Bay, CA
When do you think CO draw results will be posted? I know it should be June 4-8 but could they give us exact date? Do they usually post it on the 4th or wait until the last day?

gypsumreaper

Mar 13, 2014
When do you think CO draw results will be posted? I know it should be June 4-8 but could they give us exact date? Do they usually post it on the 4th or wait until the last day?
There's several species to be posted I bet they will post Deer one day, elk the next, then bear, then probably moose and antelope. Or they will go through and post x amount of people's draw each day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoshour

Veteran member
CPW said this morning that results would be posted throughout the day today and throughout the week, most likely one species a day.

I'm hoping that deer and elk will be today and tomorrow so I know whether to apply in Idaho by the deadline tomorrow as a fallback.

tdcour

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2013
Central Kansas
I was really hoping it was going to be 8 AM mountain when they posted, but I guess not. Nothing showing on mine yet. Patience is not my strong suit

DaveZ

Dec 16, 2011
Cedarburg, WI
CPW said this morning that results would be posted throughout the day today and throughout the week, most likely one species a day.

I'm hoping that deer and elk will be today and tomorrow so I know whether to apply in Idaho by the deadline tomorrow as a fallback.
I'm in the same boat. My luck it will be Wednesday.

graybird

Feb 22, 2011
Colorado
Don't count on CPW caring about any other state draws .... because they don't. The draws have been completed for a couple of weeks now and they could have very easily released the draw results prior to any deadlines. I've been in the same boat with WY antelope for a couple of years and the May 31st WY deadline.

737Driver

Dec 10, 2016
Don't count on CPW caring about any other state draws .... because they don't. The draws have been completed for a couple of weeks now and they could have very easily released the draw results prior to any deadlines. I've been in the same boat with WY antelope for a couple of years and the May 31st WY deadline.

Not like any government needs to focus on customer service. There’s only one Division of Wildlife I can deal with in Colorado.

Big Chief J

Feb 25, 2016
Texas
Last edited:

737Driver

Dec 10, 2016

Not like any government needs to focus on customer service. There’s only one Division of Wildlife I can deal with in Colorado.

graybird

Feb 22, 2011
Colorado
I know I drew an elk tag because my debit card just got hit for $46. Wasn't really expecting an elk tag. First 2 choices were for mzl hunts and 3rd choice was a late Dec. cow hunt. I hope I drew the late cow hunt because the mzl hunts are going to be in the middle of my sheep hunt.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
My debit card also got hit for $46.00, so I drew my elk tag. This is the only tag I applied for here, the rest were points only. First choice on elk was a point, so I drew either 2nd or 3rd choice.

Waiting for Wyoming deer & antelope now.

Last edited:

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Well, no hit for me yet. I might be a victim of more applications due to just the app fee and not having to put the money up front.

The last 20 or so years I have been able to draw a third season cow elk tag as a second choice with no problem. This year I put in for it with zero points as a first choice and no love yet.

We'll see what happens with my muzzle loader deer tag. My first choice isn't a certain draw but it is close but my second choice hunt has gone to leftover that you can get over the counter, we'll see.

HogsFly

Apr 8, 2018
Parker, Colorado
Last year, as a Colorado resident, I picked up several left-over tags. They were laying around like candy. Will that not happen this year with the new and improved CPW?

In Idaho, as a non-resident, you always get to [go] hunt something. Seems like we're taking a few steps backwards here in Colorado.

I threw my name in the pot for Wyoming too, just to stir the pot. Glad I like to fish...

Last edited:

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Last year, as a Colorado resident, I picked up several left-over tags. They were laying around like candy. Will that not happen this year with the new and improved CPW?

In Idaho, as a non-resident, you always get to [go] hunt something. Seems like we're taking a few steps backwards here in Colorado.

I threw my name in the pot for Wyoming too, just to stir the pot. Glad I like to fish...
Yeah I may need to start fishing more :)