College Visit

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
I created a formula for my kids, I will pay 100% of tuition for a 4.0 and 50% for a 2.0. Anything less than 2.0 I pay 0%. Little jerks have been getting pretty good grades so I think they get the picture LOL. It’s been a little frustrating sending all that money to the University so that they can tell my kids how privileged and racist they are, but they are both doing well so hopefully it’ll all work out for them.
I paid cell phone and insurance. Wouldn't even give them xopies of tax returns. They worked and covered it themselves. Took them 2 extra years to get the bs degrees but they did it because they wanted to not because it was expected of them

Reactions: dan maule

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I did a college visit with my daughter yesterday.

Our tour guide introduced herself "My name is XXXXX. I go by the pronouns she and her".

At that point, I knew I was in trouble.

We were standing outside in the quad area of the school and a wasp was bothering my daughter and I. Growing up on a dairy farm I've been stung probably close to 100 times by the damn things. Anytime we went to hook up machinery, work in the barns, climb the silo, etc I would also get stung. I hate wasps and nothing gives me more pleasure than to extract a little revenge when the opportunity presents itself.

So I swatted the wasp with my hat.

Next thing I know I have a girl with blue hair scream at me "Why did you do that".

I knew I couldn't get through the day without offending someone.
the very best thing you could do is go out of your way to offend people like that. they are lost and not worth the effort of trying to appease!

my advice....... if you have any positive feelings at all for your daughter , DO NOT LET HER ATTEND THAT SCHOOL!

I myself never attended college. just worked in construction my entire life . while I may not ever get all I want , I have never once had less then I need.

these type idiots only exist in our society because we prop them up and allow them to exist.

Last edited:

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I remember when I started visiting colleges ( it was in 1959). I had football scholarship offers from quite a few schools. Way different back then, Freshman had to play Freshman sports per NCAA rules. I picked my school and signed the paperwork and then had to go thru hell during the fall from the varsity players. We also had to work as part of the scholarship agreement. I weeded flower beds and picked up towels in the locker room after varsity practice.

It was a fun time even with all the BS Freshman had to put up with. Couldn't wait to be a Soph so paybacks could begin!
it's not paybacks when you take it out on the next innocents in line. it's petty!
paybacks is when you retaliate against those who actually caused you harm.

all you did was allow the cycle to continue.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
it's not paybacks when you take it out on the next innocents in line. it's petty!
paybacks is when you retaliate against those who actually caused you harm.

all you did was allow the cycle to continue.
Didn't say who I took it out on! Being able to be a varsity team member, opened up lots of opportunities for payback in practices to a couple of guys who were real jerks!

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
all these kids now.... in emails etc.... post their preferred pronouns etc....they them etc...

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Well dropped my son off at U of Illinois on Tuesday. I'm sick now, exhibiting covid-19 symptoms. PCR test scheduled for tomorrow. :(

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I did a college visit with my daughter yesterday.

Our tour guide introduced herself "My name is XXXXX. I go by the pronouns she and her".

At that point, I knew I was in trouble.

We were standing outside in the quad area of the school and a wasp was bothering my daughter and I. Growing up on a dairy farm I've been stung probably close to 100 times by the damn things. Anytime we went to hook up machinery, work in the barns, climb the silo, etc I would also get stung. I hate wasps and nothing gives me more pleasure than to extract a little revenge when the opportunity presents itself.

So I swatted the wasp with my hat.

Next thing I know I have a girl with blue hair scream at me "Why did you do that".

I knew I couldn't get through the day without offending someone.
How did I miss this thread starting!!!!