Cabin Build - Timeline with lots of pics.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
With it being shiny steel and that insulated you should have no problem keeping it cool and warm in there.

Last edited:
Reactions: buckbull

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Still making progress on the cabin. Added a whole house water filter that then feeds a manifold for home run water distribution.

Been wiring the receptacles and switches,etc and BIL is hanging the wood and tin we got from the barn tear down. really happy with the way its turning out.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Looking a lot better than what I have going on currently. Thats for sure. The price of lumber has almost shut us down completely from building a house. We are not 100% sure what we are going to do at this point.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Looking a lot better than what I have going on currently. Thats for sure. The price of lumber has almost shut us down completely from building a house. We are not 100% sure what we are going to do at this point.
I hadn't noticed an increase locally. Maybe I've missed it, or is this specific to your area?

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
$25 for a sheet of OSB....IF, you can find it. I received a quote the other day for our new house that literally almost blew my underwear out....

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Prices for lumber here are at least double. We lucked out and the stuff we bought was prior to covid-19. Luckily, most of our finishing lumber is from a barn we tore down. We do need to buy some 2x6x12 to use as floor joists above the bathroom but we have decided to just wait due to cost and not really needing that complete in order to use the cabin for the fall hunting season.

For those interested we bought all the kitchen cabinets at lowes. We bought unfinished (oak fronts) really reasonable. They have 10% off now until the end of the year and my BIL gets 10% off with his military discount. Base and wall cabinets to cover a 118" and 114" walls for $750.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Barndominium? We kicked around doing one of these as well.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Just spent 2 hours looking for a 40 amp square d homeline double pole breaker and they are not to be found. WTF. Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, Farm and Home, Amazon, Walmart, Google Shopping, Gordon Electric. Nothing.

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
Just spent 2 hours looking for a 40 amp square d homeline double pole breaker and they are not to be found. WTF. Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, Farm and Home, Amazon, Walmart, Google Shopping, Gordon Electric. Nothing.
Give Graingers a try for the breaker. 💥

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
yup breakers are hard to find here in idaho also. couple weeks ago the dude in home depot told me they wouldn't get a shipment till late november , assuming the 19 doesn't kill us all first. ;) 😆

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I don't know why anyone is sweating and swearing about the cost of things right now. All you have to do is wait until after the election in November, after which everything will be free.

Reactions: kidoggy