Bow Sights

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Hilltop,

Just curious as to what bow and draw weight and length are you shooting to get those kind of speeds?

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
PSE X-Force- original model that came out in 2008. 29" axis arrows and the bow is set at 65lbs. I seriously kicked around the idea of getting a new bow this year but opted to stick with mine as the only thing I would gain in a new one is a little forgiveness. I haven't found anything out there that really can out perform it as far as speed/kinetic energy are concerned in a hunting setup.

tdcour

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2013
Central Kansas
I shoot a montana black gold ascent. I'm shooting 4 pins on it. 20, 30, 40, 50. I'm pretty confident judging range out to there so I don't have to move my pins much. If I need a longer follow up shot there is usually time to range, dial, and shoot. I really have zero issues with the sight and have had it for around 5 years now.

Elkhunter96

Jan 8, 2013
Bountiful, Utah
I shoot the Black Gold Ascent single pin. Works great and I have tested in beyond 100 yds on targets plenty of times. I keep mine on 35 yds and can shoot anything from 0-45 yards with the single pin without adjusting. Anything further, simply range, slide, aim and shoot...

raspy

Apr 15, 2016
ND
X2 on the black gold ascent. I had a black gold fixed 5 pin and went to the black gold ascent 3 pin adjustable. Takes a little getting use to on a adjustable sight but I would never go back to a fixed sight.

Reactions: muleyfool

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
I swore I would never go to a single pin. I changed to a single pin HHA last year and will never go back to having more that one pin. It's awesome. So simple and easy to adjust.

DanPickar

Mar 4, 2014
Wyoming
Cant go wrong with a Montana Black Gold or a Spot Hogg. I bought a used bow recently and it had a spot hogg fast eddie xl single pin on it, but I wanted a sliding multi pin so I sold it. I think the components on the spot hogg fast eddie were smoother and of higher tolerances than the Montana Black Golds, but both are just fine.
This exactly.

Powder

Jun 7, 2019
Missouri
I'm looking to purchase a new bow sight soon. Open for anything, but leaning toward a single pin adjustable. What is everyone using and/or liking?
I'm looking to purchase a new bow sight soon. Open for anything, but leaning toward a single pin adjustable. What is everyone using and/or liking?
I have always been a 5 pin shooter. Just dont want that extra time to adjust the sight. But I have a friend that uses the single pin and he loves it.

muleyfool

Jun 7, 2018
X2 on the black gold ascent. I had a black gold fixed 5 pin and went to the black gold ascent 3 pin adjustable. Takes a little getting use to on a adjustable sight but I would never go back to a fixed sight.
Ditto,
Very good setup.
I run the ascent verdict and am very impressed with it.

archeranthony

Dec 10, 2018
Texas
I used to shoot a 5 pin. Switched to the trophy ridge react one pro last fall. I will never go back to fixed pin. Maybe upgrade to a double pin adjustable that’s all.

hutty

Oct 17, 2017
Used to have a 3 pin set up and switched this year to single pin axcel accuhunter. Been very happy with it getting ready for archery elk in 2 weeks. See how it does in the field.