Arizona outfitters

minn elk chaser

Jan 6, 2014
Time to apply for elk in Arizona and would like outfitter names for rifle hunt. Have any of you had experience with one and if so what did you think of them/ good or bad? I have been in contact with Chappell outfitting so that one I know.

Maxhunter

Veteran member
Apr 10, 2011
Wyoming
Steve Ward is a good outfit. Never hunted with him personally but he has a good reputation and has been in business for years.

Steve Chappell would be a good choice also.

Duwane Adams is also a great outfitter. I hunted Coues deer with him and he's always trying to get me come elk hunting. I couldn't find his website he may of retired.

Last edited:
Reactions: minn elk chaser

minn elk chaser

Jan 6, 2014
Thanks Maxhunter for the information. I talked to Duwane Adams so he is still hunting but not sure if he has a web page. I saw him on facebook but not much info there. I talked to Steve Chappell about no hunt fees but he said it wouldn't work as we are to close to drawing a tag. Will check out Ward's outfitters..

Naturebob

Feb 28, 2016
phoenix, az.
Duwane didn't retire. He says He never will. For Elk unit 1 He is the man. . For the Kaibab He is the best . For coues He is the godfather. Look no where else. Big Game hunts or look at face book under his name and you will find his website..PS. I have used him. AAA rating. Steve is great for unit 9 and 23 Elk................BOB

minn elk chaser

Jan 6, 2014
We are applying for unit 1 early muzzleloader first choice and late season rifle in unit 1 as second choice...