Ammunition shortage

Turbodude

Oct 17, 2017
Red side of Ca
You might not have to worry about that. Once Biden is in, he is already talking about a mandatory firearm buy back. Otherwise known gun confiscation. Has a couple Beta O'Rourke commies on his cabinet.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
He is also talking about a tax on so called "black" rifles and magazines. He figures that with that tax he will raise $34 billion dollars.

Team Kabob

Very Active Member
May 9, 2014
The wife added up what I spent on ammo recently! Mostly hunting ammo. Sucks you have to set a minimum before you look for more for each caliber

Alan Leone

Jan 19, 2021
I was thinking about putting a new scope on my 7mm this year but only have 18 shells left and no 7mm ammo (Nosler) to be found in Cheyenne or NoCo.
I don't see an end in sight

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
I was thinking about putting a new scope on my 7mm this year but only have 18 shells left and no 7mm ammo (Nosler) to be found in Cheyenne or NoCo.
I don't see an end in sight
Things are improving even though we aren't seeing shelves full. Hornady added an entire new shift. I know other manufacturers are doing the same. Ammo is being produced and people will only stockpile so much. My guess is we start to see more ammo on shelves by mid to late summer.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
There's a trickle out there now. I just got 200 rounds of 9mm fmj (Winchester) from Sportsman's Guide. $67 per hundred. That's more than it was last year, but not as high as Midway has their available ammo priced.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Thankfully I learned from the shortage a few years back and the seasonal production of certain ammunition. I have plenty of hunting ammunition in four different calibers and enough 22 cal. to last a lifetime. People I know apparently did not get the memo and now can’t find hunting ammunition. I work on, clean and sight rifles for others and have for years. I have never seen such a shortage of 308, 7RM and 300WM. I searched Midway USA for those three last night and 0 available in any configuration. I assume that the manufacturers are producing but wonder where it goes. Any suggestions? I may just have to take up reloading but wonder about components.
there is no shortage. guberments buying it up to drive prices up . if you can't ban guns ,you make them unaffordable . that , and it is just not being released to the stores because an illegitimate president and his minions fear rebellion.

it is funny really, because no rebellion is coming. americans no longer have the courage or will to fight for their freedoms!

if nothing else the last elections proved us that.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I saw on TV today where Biden is talking about proposing a tax on our firearms. Right now it is AK's and other so called "black rifles" He figures that it will raise 34 billion dollars.
can't ban em??? the next best is to make them unaffordable.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Our shooting club has it's yearly gun show starting tomorrow and over the weekend. I'll get a good idea what's out there. I'm selling primers for $150.00 per brick (1,000).
I dropped my price on primers, I just couldn't sell them at $150.00 knowing what I paid for them. I sold them for !00.00 per brick . but kept the posted price at 150.00 to keep the other dealers from buying them and reselling them later for more. Sold them to shooters not dealers. I still made a good profit and felt a lot better about it myself. I'm not greedy. I sold several guns, lots of powder and brass and cleaned out a lot of stuff I really didn't need.
Was really crowded last night and today. I heard we had way above average attendance and still have tomorrow to go. I am pretty well cleaned out, so I'll be taking some stuff in tomorrow morning. All in all, a good day.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
The only problem I saw was an extended wait for background checks. It looks like it could be 5 to 7 days. Definately a hardship for those who traveled longer distances to come to the show. A local dealer is doing all the checks and if a buyer has not cleared by the end of the show, the guns waiting for their buyer's checks to clear, will be taken his store to be picked up later. As I understand it, the 72 hour limit is not more, at least in Colorado. It takes as long as it takes before the buyer gets is OK and can pick up their gun.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I recently sold about 10,000 primers here on the forum, all for the normal retail price. I was fine with that, except that the shipping was far more expensive than anticipated and I had to lie to UPS about the contents. My only regret is that I didn't keep any small pistol primers as I was able to score 1,000 Berry's bullets for practice ammo. Luckily, a friend has a stash and will sell me 1K if I want them.

Reactions: Winchester

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
It seems to me like there is more and more showing up on the market daily. I watch another thread on another forum that guys put links when they find things online. Usually goes in 7 days or less but at least some is there now.

Reactions: Winchester