Alliant RL26 Powder

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I’ve been fortunate with 22’s stored for long periods. About 2005 (give or take a year), we “burned-up” 2 or 3 bricks of long rifles ( one brick was Winchester Wildcats, another was inexpensive Remingtons) purchased in the late ‘70’s/early ‘80’s. We may behave had a misfire......but, I can’t recall any! These cartridges spent the first 8 or 10 years of their life in the high humidity of South Louisiana prior to their move to Wyoming in ‘85! Maybe I’m just lucky! Should I go by a lottery ticket? :unsure: memtb
Try it with a brick of cheap .22 ammo today.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Bump:
Need some assistance.

Still looking for Alliant RL-26 Powder as well as Barnes 145gr LRX and 168gr LRX bullets (.284)

I’ve had notices setup on several websites for 1.5 years and have yet to receive a notice.
I think they input the inventory and just let shoppers find it - first come first serve. Go

If anyone has any to sell or comes across a supply, I’ll be very appreciative. I’ll work out the logistics.

I’m not sure if manufactures are being honest about their production actions or they’re shipping inventory elsewhere…
But somethings is not right. However that’s an entirely different thread topic.

Thanks for any leads or possible sales EF Friends.

Last edited:

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
If you can find a website that will backorder some , I'd do it. The trouble is that when they put you on "notify me when it comes in" the item usually is gone in 5 minutes or less.

Reactions: JimP

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
On the Barnes bullets check the Barnes web site, they now have a online store and they quite often have stock of bullets when no one else does.

I agree with CC on the back order for powders, that is if you can. A number of years ago I was on the "notify me" when it was in stock and one morning I looked at my email and low and behold they had the powder that I was looking for in stock. By the time I hit the web site it was gone. I then started checking the web sites very early in the mornings. One day I saw the powder that I was looking for and ordered it. A couple of hours I got the email that said that they had it in stock and when I checked it was gone. But I had my 8 lbs headed my way by ordering it early.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I was surprised to find a whole shelf full of ammo at the local Fleet Farm store a couple days ago. For over a year, all they had was a SORRY sign on the 30 feet of shelves that had previously been fully stocked. There were cases of Federal .556 mil. spec. (Green Tip), but still no 30-06.

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
Bump:
Need some assistance.

Still looking for Alliant RL-26 Powder as well as Barnes 145gr LRX and 168gr LRX bullets (.284)

I’ve had notices setup on several websites for 1.5 years and have yet to receive a notice.
I think they input the inventory and just let shoppers find it - first come first serve. Go

If anyone has any to sell or comes across a supply, I’ll be very appreciative. I’ll work out the logistics.

I’m not sure if manufactures are being honest about their production actions or they’re shipping inventory elsewhere…
But somethings is not right. However that’s an entirely different thread topic.

Thanks for any leads or possible sales EF Friends.
i may be able to help, but not sure how would be able to ship???

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
if you get a PRC then you will need H1000 , Retumbo, and or N570. i think on par with RL-26 for finding.....