Alberta Waterfowl 2021 Early Season Report

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Well since the caribou hunt went to shit we decided to head north. I noticed on IG that some of the big time outfitters had openings and was hoping they still had some. Well they did. I called Mr Rob at Ranchland and his repsonse was " how soon do you wanna come"

Good friend from Texas drove up and within 48 hours we left. ( after I made him some moose burgers and dove poppers).

We also had the great time of meeting Winchester from here on EF as he came over the day before we left for some dove poppers. Great dude.

Left the house at 0100 and got to the Wildhorse AB border station at 1500. For others coming north ensure you check the "open" hours as many are 0800 to 1700 only.

Got through with no issues. Had the ArriveCAN app fillied out on the phones, PCR test done within 72 hours, passports and shot cards. Easy peasy. Gentlemen said welcome and have fun shooting our " superior " animals.

Saw a fair amount of big ducks and small ducks in the potholes. Stayed the night in Medicine Hat Alberta and had some refreshments and food at the Medicine Hat Brewery. Top notch. Getting back on the road this am for 6 more hours of driving to Elk Point Alberta.

Thought Id keep track of the trip here for others researching the same thing. More to come later today.
Screenshot_20210905-070650_Instagram.jpg

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Hampton Inn and Suites Medicine Hat. Awesome hotel. Good breakfast. Super clean. Great gym.
Started the day watching THelms Wingman new 50+ kills video!!

Nice job Todd and Team!. Love that you captured the laughter , oh yeahs and whoops post shot.
On another note holy crap is Mackinaw good in the fast water. Wow.

Reactions: THelms

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Hampton Inn and Suites Medicine Hat. Awesome hotel. Good breakfast. Super clean. Great gym.
Started the day watching THelms Wingman new 50+ kills video!!

Nice job Todd and Team!. Love that you captured the laughter , oh yeahs and whoops post shot.
On another note holy crap is Mackinaw good in the fast water. Wow.
Thanks man, glad you liked it and appreciate Mack's abilities. Excited for you and your trip! Looks like a riot!

Reactions: Slugz