9/11

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
20 years ago today I was sitting in my recliner drinking my morning coffee and watching Good Morning America. I watched it all happen. My hunting buddy and I were leaving the next morning for an Antelope hunt in Wyoming. We talked and decided to go anyway. The only problem was once we got to our hunting area....no cell phone coverage and little or no radio. We did go to the cafe & bar at Hell's Half Acre that evening for an update, dinner & a brewski or too.

Pretty sad deal for sure.....I have never forgotten that time! God Bless America!

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I was on my way to Denver to get a company ID renewed. When I got to the building it was on lock down. Even with my appointment to get my picture taken they would not let me go any further than the front desk.

I also was getting ready for a hunting trip to Utah on a limited entry elk hunt. I left on Wednesday and while I was waiting on my brother in law I saw a plane flying over from the south headed north. I remember wondering just what type of a fighter it was. My hunt started on the 15th, and there were no other hunters around. I shot my elk at 7:05 on opening morning and on my way out I actually stopped and pulled my tag out to look at the dates on it. I traveled 20 miles across the unit before I saw some other hunters.

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
My father was in the air, US Air route to Dulles of all places. He was one of the last flights to land before they grounded everything and they wouldn't let anybody taxi. They had to deplane on the taxiway.

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
I was at work and a muslim we worked with was cheering int he breakroom until a 6-2+ Mr. Clean type came tearing thru pissed off beyond belief. Mr. Clean moved onto the fire department and as far as I know if still there...

I will never forgot that and forever remember that not everyone saw it as the travesty that it was.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I was a senior in HS, I watched the first tower get hit as I walked out the door on my way to school. The second tower was hit as I walked into first hour and then to top it off we watched them both fall by the time we left for second hour.

I am getting goose bumps as I type this. Feels like yesterday and my deer hunt that year felt a little off. I think everything was little off for a while honestly.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Biggest think I remember is the fearless men and women that continued to run into the towers, the rubble after they fell, for hours, and days rescuing people.
100% True American Heroes!!!

Reactions: Johnbud and kidoggy

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I was at work. ignored the hype of how nothing would ever be the same (it is ) and just kept working. it did not change my life or my principles.

my sympathies to the fallen and their loved ones but the plain truth of life is , shit happens. we deal with it and move on. or we do not.