50th birthday present from my wonderful wife...

Daubs

Aug 5, 2016
Nebraska
50th was end of September, but we were out of town. Had a celebration last night for my 50th, and our wedding in May (2nd marriage for both). My old hunting buddies came in from 6 and 3 hours away, as well as friends and family. Wonderful time.

After all the adult beverages, smoked pig, wedding cake...wife and I had finished cleaning up and were getting ready for bed. She looks at me and says, "want your birthday present now..." I smile and say, "am i getting lucky tonight??"

Her response, "of course you are...but here's what I got you for your 50th...."

She tosses me a bag with a new iPad, and a card. Card reads, "Use this $$ for your dream Mule Deer hunt!" In there is $3k cash that she has been squirreling away for two years. I was speechless!

She had been texting and calling my hunting buddies, one of whom works for Cabela's corporate in Sidney, NE for months. Wanted to get me that dream hunt.

That is a good woman right there!

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
hell, I didn't even get lucky.
even though it was my birthday we still had to have sex.:rolleyes::D

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
That would never happen with me. She would have bought 3K worth of shoes with that money! lol

SGM

Apr 19, 2016
Canon City Colorado
A good woman and a keeper for sure. I got something similar but it was a combo 50th and retirement gift from my wife. She booked a trophy mule deer and wolf hunt for me up in Idaho. No wolf but bagged a dandy buck that scored out at 198 1/8. She also got me a Henry's Golden Boy .22 with the engraved plaque. Guess we are some lucky men. Hope you fill your tag with a great buck.Buck 2.jpg

MuleyHunter

Mar 23, 2011
Fruita, Colorado
A good woman and a keeper for sure. I got something similar but it was a combo 50th and retirement gift from my wife. She booked a trophy mule deer and wolf hunt for me up in Idaho. No wolf but bagged a dandy buck that scored out at 198 1/8. She also got me a Henry's Golden Boy .22 with the engraved plaque. Guess we are some lucky men. Hope you fill your tag with a great buck.View attachment 19538
SGM,

I still have not seen that buck mounted...... :eek:

Congrats to both of you on some amazing wives.