2022 Fishing thread

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
They have a ice fishing contest every year up at Flaming Gorge Reservoir to catch them. They have prizes for quite a few different categories from the smallest to the biggest along with the most caught and ones that have tags.

While I have never had one they claim that they are very good eating. You just need to be aware of the slime on the skin and keep it off of the meat

Reactions: marcusvdk

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Just stopping in to complain. April 8th and its snowing. That's just not right for where I live. I'm usually on the water and catching fish consistently by now.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I have the remnants of 105" of snow this season...likely 3' to 4'. Last year ice out on the lake I live on was April 8th. I would guess that we are easily a month plus away from ice out this year. BUT, I have two Canada fishing trips planned; the first a drive to resort in May, and the second a fly-in on June 5th. Pictures to follow.

hunter25

Very Active Member
Sep 8, 2016
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Took my grandson to California last month for his 3rd birthday. To make his mother happy visiting her family there. Got a day in fishing out to Catalina Island to make the best of it.
My son, my 12 year old grandson, my sons younger sister(not my daughter)
And myself in the photos.

Attachments

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
Very nice trout. I lived on the gulf for a few years and only remember a hand full over 22".
Thanks. We're on the east coast. Some larger fish over here.

Had some fish kills in Mosquito Lagoon 5-10 years ago, wiped out everything from the grass to oysters and clams and fish or at least moved the fish out. We had a couple of years where there were hardly any mullet. Seems that the fish may be starting to come back - lotsa mullet and we've gotten 2 reds (14 & 20 inches) and this trout so far this year - been a while since we've seen this. We do get a bunch of smaller trout - throwing corks and jigs. Hope it is the beginning of having some fish around again. All we need is some regional sea grass recovery and the fishery should explode.

Reactions: Hilltop

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Just stopping in to complain. April 8th and its snowing. That's just not right for where I live. I'm usually on the water and catching fish consistently by now.
same here been snowing off and on all week . was bone dry all winter so at this point I will take all I can get. though there is still very little accumulation.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Geeesh...it never seems to stop. 28 degrees and 3" of fresh snow. At least the last couple days it was rain instead of snow, or we would be dealing with 20" or more. There's still several feet f packed snow on my lake and 2-3' of ice. Last year, the ice went out on April 8th, and my dock and pontoon boat were in the water. More proof of "global warming."