2021 Hunting Success Thread

Yell Co AR Hunter

Very Active Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yell County Arkansas
Dang! My buddy always tells me to shoot at the bucks in heavy brush. Can't get it if you don't shoot. Well I did. In Arkansas you are allowed two bucks. I filled my first buck tag on a deer for my sister. Second tag is for a big boy. So two bucks were fighting behind some thick brush. One was a really nice buck for sure. When I picked up my rifle to find deer in scope I guess the bucks switched sides. I shoot and a buck fell. Then the other buck walked 5 feet from the tree I was in. This buck was a mature 10 point with great tine length at about 19 inches on spread. Of course my phone was dead and could not take a photo as it calmly walked off. I thought I may have shoot the wrong deer. I was over 3/4 of a mile in on public which meant a long haul out. When I made my way to the deer I was sick. Oh well so much for shooting in the brush.
20211126_122149.jpg

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
I guess you did not positively identify your target before shooting. Could of been way worse, i think there is a thread on that.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
yup. better to not kill at all than to kill the wrong thing.
good learning experience. congrats on your buck though !

GOSHENGRUNTER

Jan 8, 2014
Clermont County Ohio
Started the season off in Alaska and ate my sheep and brown bear tag. That one hurt!
My boy killed a cool whitetail opening day with his crossbow. Still waiting to fill my OH and KY tags.
I took a decent whitetail and antelope in Wyoming on our annual hunt. Worst hunt we've had in 8 years but still filled plenty of tags.
Last pic is my South Dakota Mule deer from rifle season.

Happy hunting everyone!

Attachments