2021 Hunting Success Thread

stillsteamn

Jan 2, 2018
Minnesota
After 17 years I drew a Utah Central Mountains Manti nonresident tag, Sep 18-26 rifle. My daughter's wedding was on opening day of the season! All things considered I lined up a guide that knew the unit, had horses, etc. There is always some luck involved in addition to everything else. How we encountered this bull did involve some luck, in addition to my guide's knowledge of the area and skill. IMG_0717c.jpg

Wyoming Hart

Very Active Member
Oct 10, 2014
Spring Run, PA

Got this old mountain goat on Kodiak Island in early October. 8.5 years old and a huge body. Killed him at 4 PM and got back to camp at 11:30 PM through snow, rain, fog and wind. Didn't get any meat from him as Fed Ex delayed shipping it home and it thawed out and got discarded. I was headed to Utah for my cousin's elk hunt or I would have brought it with me.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
View attachment 37722

Got this old mountain goat on Kodiak Island in early October. 8.5 years old and a huge body. Killed him at 4 PM and got back to camp at 11:30 PM through snow, rain, fog and wind. Didn't get any meat from him as Fed Ex delayed shipping it home and it thawed out and got discarded. I was headed to Utah for my cousin's elk hunt or I would have brought it with me.
Very cool picture! Looks like quite the hunt too, absolute bummer on the meat.

Reactions: Wyoming Hart

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
After 17 years I drew a Utah Central Mountains Manti nonresident tag, Sep 18-26 rifle. My daughter's wedding was on opening day of the season! All things considered I lined up a guide that knew the unit, had horses, etc. There is always some luck involved in addition to everything else. How we encountered this bull did involve some luck, in addition to my guide's knowledge of the area and skill. View attachment 37723
Congrats, that looks like a great hunt!