2020 Mule Deer Success Thread

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
Nice deer so far fellas! Keep em coming! As far as taste, I love em both. As far as taste, Had both bad and good. I think, just my opinion, it varies on the deers diet and how theyā€™re prepped. Either way, if you harvested it, it never tastes that bad!

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I have found that high mtn bucks generally taste better then desert bucks.
I think mulies and whities taste pretty much exactly alike . what they eat and environment(heat /cold and such ) dictates the taste.

if I took a steak off of each , prepared it the same way and served it , it is my belief that not a single forum member could tell me which was which, with certainty

Last edited:

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
High mountain mule deer are better than hay meadow / corn field mule deer. I still like both but will take a whitetail doe over mule deer.

Reactions: BKC

ColoradoV

Very Active Member
Oct 4, 2011
Just got my 2020 archery buck back from the taxi and glad to see the velvet preserved well.

Me ma had never seen the buck and that was her face when I told her I was chasing a bigger one and kinda bummed I did not get it.. Right after the pic I got a stern talkin to about how ā€œyou canā€™t eat horns and tracks donā€™t make soupā€ šŸ˜‚

Also both my girls wanted to get in a pic as they look at this stuff now lol.

Congrats to everyone else that found success this year.

BB2968A2-62FC-4D4B-8AF2-FA2EDE3A55EE.jpegA8745766-A8B9-4DD9-B591-C5D1B630A2A6.jpeg
AEEEF1E1-9939-45AC-8C60-A27AD4C69D1C.jpeg

About Eastmans'

• Eastmansā€™ is a three generation media based hunting company whose goal is to promote the pursuit of elk hunting, deer hunting and all western big game. Our mission is to educate and entertain along the lines of bowhunting and rifle hunting to provide sportsmen with the most up-to-date tactics, hunting gear and hunting area research for both archery hunting and rifle hunting in the West.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Follow us on Facebook