2020 Antelope Success Thread

alaska2go

Oct 20, 2012
Canon City, CO
I don't think it much of a story... The last pronghorn I harvested was when I was 17 & I am now 48 going on 49. I guess the common denominator is that I have shot them w/ my Dad's pre 64 Winny 06 feather weight. I will give a shout out to Colorado Cowboy for PM about the unit ... It took 15 PP to draw . So that is 1/2 of it plus I lived in Alaska for nearly 18 years and had no desire to come to the lower 48 to shoot one unless i could draw a good unit.. So I built up points.. I will say I didn't go opening day , I figured people will be out & being that pronghorn are not the hard to hunt ( unless you are selective ) that the masses will be done . It worked !! Saw one other hunter & he was a road hunter . Glassed areas Sunday afternoon and went to a new area on Monday and found the one I took. As I get older I look for a great experience and low pressure .. This hunt offer that !

Reactions: ScottR and RICMIC

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I don't think it much of a story... The last pronghorn I harvested was when I was 17 & I am now 48 going on 49. I guess the common denominator is that I have shot them w/ my Dad's pre 64 Winny 06 feather weight. I will give a shout out to Colorado Cowboy for PM about the unit ... It took 15 PP to draw . So that is 1/2 of it plus I lived in Alaska for nearly 18 years and had no desire to come to the lower 48 to shoot one unless i could draw a good unit.. So I built up points.. I will say I didn't go opening day , I figured people will be out & being that pronghorn are not the hard to hunt ( unless you are selective ) that the masses will be done . It worked !! Saw one other hunter & he was a road hunter . Glassed areas Sunday afternoon and went to a new area on Monday and found the one I took. As I get older I look for a great experience and low pressure .. This hunt offer that !
Late tends to make hunting for Antelope a lot more fun. Trent and I went late on his hunt a few years back and had a great time!

Reactions: marcusvdk