2019 NW Colorado Archery Muzzleloader Report

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Its the most wonderful time of the year.
Andy Williams

Is it so wrong i walk around the house packing and singing that song. Dog seems to like it as its a change of pace from duck, goose calling practice mixed in with elk mews, bugles and grunts.

Its that time of the year again to start the 3rd annual thread. Will strive to provide daily rundowns and a comedic take from elk camp.
3 either sex elk archery, 2 muzzle cow, 1 archery buck and a sprinkling of bear tags is the soup de jour.

To all traveling be safe. Be kind to the fellow hunter in the woods. If able get a kid or first time big game hunter in the woods.

May the wind be in your face, your shots true and kills clean. God bless......and have fun.

Its a great day for elk camp.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Is it just me or did it seem like this past year really flew by? Here we are again. Good luck everyone.

Reactions: Slugz

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Moisture report from the drive.
For the most part it looked a little above average across the state. Just west of the house across Hartsell Flats it was dry, but thats normal down there. Was nice and green up and over Hoosier pass into Frisco. I70 drive west looked normal dry in the low areas but once you went up in altitude a little it was green. I suspect due to the afternoon storms we had sparringly the past month. Rifle up to Meeker looked good with green in spots. Will head up into the hunting area today to set camp.
Compared to the last 5 years this will be the first time headed to camp with no fire restrictions.

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Moisture report from the drive.
For the most part it looked a little above average across the state. Just west of the house across Hartsell Flats it was dry, but thats normal down there. Was nice and green up and over Hoosier pass into Frisco. I70 drive west looked normal dry in the low areas but once you went up in altitude a little it was green. I suspect due to the afternoon storms we had sparringly the past month. Rifle up to Meeker looked good with green in spots. Will head up into the hunting area today to set camp.
Compared to the last 5 years this will be the first time headed to camp with no fire restrictions.
Great info for everyone … thx !

Reactions: Slugz

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Just info for whoever wants to see it.....

Big story in yesterdays local paper, el nino is gone and the high pressure over 4 corners has returned full strength. Down here it has been a pretty dry summer, not much monsoon activity....back to drier than normal. It is really dry down here in the lower elevations, still nice up high. Just sayin.................