2016 Shed Season

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
I was able to add one more yesterday. This is why I love shed hunting. Skunked for 3 hours, then bam find one. Had it not been the end of the day I could have kept going for another 3 hrs. It's good and fun to be out there.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

idcwby

Administrator
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho
Has anyone picked up any elk sheds yet? Liking the posts of all the deer sheds.

idcwby

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO
Trying to get out this weekend and look for some moose sheds! Hope to have some pics to share!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I've gone twice so far and only one. Deer density is low where I've been so far so not too surprised.

AT Hiker

Very Active Member
Aug 2, 2012
Tennessee
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455737426.397600.jpg

Found one matching set and four loners yesterday on our family farm in TN. Its tough finding these before the rodents here.

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO

Had a little success yesterday! Got out with my wife, Tundra kid, and my dad! Great day to be out looking for sheds! We found a little bull that had died in velvet! Pretty crazy!

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO
Yes my wife and I really like the Sitka! It was fun to get out! Just a bonus to find a couple!

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO
Tundra kid is the one that prefers the Kuiu. It is a constant razing my wife and I give him.

badgerbob

May 18, 2015
Eastern Oregon
[QTE=badgerbob;173566]View attachment 15894View attachment 15895The only thin she did wrong, once she found it, was that she took it to my wife. I figure that's just a gal thing we can work on later...BB[/QUOTE]

Well it's official. She is a bona fide horn dog.(wife hates it when I call her that.) She found the match to the one I found two weeks ago. Never got a good picture, rack was a 4 x 3 maybe scores 115. Couple of years and it will be a good one. Not bad for a 4 1/2 week old pup. Today I was shooting my bow and launched one over my target(wrong pin). I was looking pretty hard for that ten dollar arrow, when my wife says look at that. Here comes that pup with my arrow. What possessed her to bring it to us I don't know. I would like to think she realized we were looking for something and maybe my scent on it was enough for her to pick it up. Anyway I was pretty happy she did. Horn dog scores again. BB