2016 Shed Season

tdub24

Veteran member
Dec 15, 2011
Carlin, NV
That's awesome BB, congrats. Some folks around here have tried to train their dogs but were not as successful as you have been. I would love to have a dog find my arrows during some shooting sessions!

Horsenhike

Very Active Member
Nov 11, 2015
Eastern SD
Four hours in a new area today with no sheds. Must have used about all my good karma with the boys last weekend.

Have a private place to hunt here shortly, but other than that I think I'm done until mushroom season.

IowaBuck

Jan 15, 2016
Iowa/Wyoming
Walked 27 miles yesterday and found 5 mule deer sheds, crossed a river just to get to the area I wanted! Tomorrow I'll be snowshoeing through some places where I think some moose shed.

I'll post some pictures of the other sheds later, for now here's my biggest "shed" (I say that because it was broken off) I found. All I really want to do is find some moose paddles!

12782216_10206957428068937_458580897_n.jpg

Finsandtines

Very Active Member
Jun 16, 2015
Florida
I am curious if any of you guys in Ohio or surrounding areas are seeing deer with horns still. My son and I are heading up in 3 weeks for a couple days to put some miles on our boots looking for all those that eluded me this year! My buddy said he isn't seeing many but there are still a couple around.....

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
Walked 27 miles yesterday and found 5 mule deer sheds, crossed a river just to get to the area I wanted! Tomorrow I'll be snowshoeing through some places where I think some moose shed.

I'll post some pictures of the other sheds later, for now here's my biggest "shed" (I say that because it was broken off) I found. All I really want to do is find some moose paddles!

View attachment 15977
That's covering some serious ground. Impressive. Good looking horn.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
Picked up a couple of nice muleys. The first one is pretty boned up.

This one's good but more so reminds me of how lucky I am to live where I live.. Beautiful place.

And just a fun one..

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Picked up a couple of nice muleys. The first one is pretty boned up.

This one's good but more so reminds me of how lucky I am to live where I live.. Beautiful place.

And just a fun one..

Great pictures

6mm Remington

Very Active Member
Mar 27, 2011
Western Montana
Montana nice finds. I've hunted close to that location myself. Within a few miles anyway. Great country! I went up Rock Creek and waded the creek with chest waders on to access a nasty draw in the Welcome Creek Wilderness. Found nothing. Snow in the draw we were walking in even down near the creek. Two foot deep or so still. Cold enough for the most part we could walk on top of it though.

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
Montana nice finds. I've hunted close to that location myself. Within a few miles anyway. Great country! I went up Rock Creek and waded the creek with chest waders on to access a nasty draw in the Welcome Creek Wilderness. Found nothing. Snow in the draw we were walking in even down near the creek. Two foot deep or so still. Cold enough for the most part we could walk on top of it though.
That country has always had my interest. Have you hunted it?

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO

Got out yesterday and we were able to find a few brownies! Good to be out! One match set!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk