2015 elk succes thread

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
I'm wiped after doing one, can't imagine 2 at once. Hope you had some help for wrapping and taping!
Nope, all by myself.

The one thing I don't do any more is cut steaks, which saves time. I cut a good size chuck of meat, grill it, then cut steaks out of it. Saves time in processing, and keeps a lot more juice in the meat while cooking it.

Last edited:

NDHunter

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2011
North Dakota
Even though I hate all you guys, congrats. Had a MT and CO elk tag and ate them both. Still trying to figure out this damn elk hunting thing.

sheephunter

Jan 29, 2012
Colorado
PB120062.jpg Packing out a cow I took last week. I took the shot about 90 minutes before full darkness, and since I was out by myself with no one to worry about back in camp I made the decision to stay out all night and get the job done. I got out with the last quarter at 3AM. Got back to my camp spot close to 4AM; guys in a nearby camp were just starting to shuffle around and get up when I was crawling into my sleeping bag, but my pack job was done. It sure gets dark in the mountains when the lights go out and there's no moon.

elkocd

Apr 7, 2011
Oregon
Ended up being another good year for me, my son and my dad. Another 3 good bulls. First two were archery and my sons was rifle. He can't quite pull the required 45lbs yet. Next year he should be able to hunt with the bow. Although after taking two good bulls at age 12 and 13 his expectations might be a little out of reach :)

bull1small.jpg
relk.jpg
ianelk.jpg

Last edited:

Rsnk61

Mar 6, 2012
Las Vegas NV
The snow storm really made it tough to get around. I really thought my hunt was over when we seen more weather coming in. I actually went home. I couldn't stay away so I decided to go back up on the 16th. Still not a lot of access. However, I finally got him on Thursday 19 Nov. Not a monster but it filled the tag.ELK 2015.jpg

6mm Remington

Very Active Member
Mar 27, 2011
Western Montana
One elk one shot at 450 yards with my custom built Winchester 280 AI!! :eek: Lets just say I am one happy camper and yes any elk is a good elk. Man this thing eats good!!

David