2013 bows

NorthT

Jul 24, 2012
Anyone shot next years bows? Would like to hear some reviews. Looking and the new element and the matthews creed or chill. What's your takes?

Whisky

Dec 7, 2011
North Dakota
Shoot them and form your own opinions man. It ain't gonna matter one bit what I or anybody else thinks, it comes down to what YOU like.

That said, I have a Spyder 34 on hold that will become mine once I hang up the Maxxis 35 for the year. I have never shot the new Matrix. I shot the Element and Spyder 30 side by side, bare bow vs bare bow, for about an hour and liked the Spyder 30 better. It was smoother drawing, and less recoil.

Mathews bows balance like crap and too short of ATAs for this guy. The Creed is the only new Mathews I've shot...If I was a short ATA guy, that Spyder 30 would be mine in a second. Awesome bow.

NorthT

Jul 24, 2012
Oh I plan on its just have not had time to check em out yet. Season winding down and no rush for new anything just yet. Just curious to see if anyone pulled the trigger on one

Backcountry Stalker

Nov 26, 2012
Las Vegas
I shot the Chill and Creed from Mathews. And, I shot the element G3 and Spyder Turbo from Hoyt...and I went with the Spyder turbo. I shot them all for about 2 weeks because all of them felt nice. I cut the Creed from the list first (I actually feel the Chill is a better bow imo compared to the Creed). I cut the element G3 next only because of price lol....and to be honest I fell in love with the Chill. It had me hooked for about 5 days. But, at the end I couldn't cross over lol and stayed with Hoyt. The Spyder Turbo shot and felt like my Vector Turbo which I would take with me if I had ONE item in the world to choose from for survival lol.....at any rate I'm sure once you shoot them you'll know right away which one is for you ;)

nvarcher

Very Active Member
Sep 28, 2011
Reno, Nevada
Out of those three bows I have to say I liked the Creed the best. The Element was my least favorite as it had a terrible hand shock.(Probably due to the hand shock)