2012 Ca. Big Valley antelope

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
Nice Buck Don! I would not hesitate to shoot him. Looks like he has a really pretty cape too. I'd say he was worth a little nick on the digit :) Sounds like you also made a new friend, always a plus.

Bob
Thanks BobT ! I took him to taxidermist yesterday. I won't tell you how much. I just want to put him above my Ca. bighorn from San Gorgonio wilderness 2003. I going to try to get some pics on here from another guy I met up there with a tag from Morro Bay, Ca. . He called me this morning and finally got the goat he washunting for 3 days. Unreal story. One smart loper. I had him give me the measurements. I rough scored it at 86 in . min....State records or in order 89,87,87, 86, 85 and a bunch of 84's. all with out adding fractions. He's a happy boy. It's lengths were17 1/4 and 17 3/8. Bases 8 in. , prongs 6 in. A toad for sure. A lttle nick huh ? I almost posted a pic. I still can't bend it much. Crazy glue !

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
Real nice buck! HEAVY.

Now we need a pic of that rifle with no obstructions.
Picture of my rifle ? Now you sound like me ! Just a Stainless Rem 700 300 RUM w/H&S Presicion stock, Burris 6x24x50 Black Diamond ,Timney trigger and magnabrake muzzle break. Kicks like a 308. The load I shoot...I won't tell you the groups I get with my handlaods but am comfortable to 500 yds on deer and antelope. Elk are a bigger target... :) Archer ? And you are interested in rifles ? Ha ha ! I hunt archery also and have taken more elk with bow than rifle ! Elk with a bow is the ultimate ! I'm trying to download pics of my digital camera to me laptop to post . loaded Kodak program last nite but it jackin with me. You can see my ugly mug and rifle !

Last edited:

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
Great buck, has lots of character!! Sounds like you had a great time. I hope to draw a CA antelope tag one of these days too....
Thanks bigshot !
I thought you were ignoring me !
If you draw Big Valley hunt I can line you out. From info to ranches to hunt to people to talk to to where to stay.
Town of Bieber and Adin are some great people.

Last edited:

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
Okay guys and girls. got downloaded finally. I should of just had the rancher take pics with my phone like all the other's...
Phone pics 494.jpgPhone pics 492.jpg
BigSurArcher,
Only ones that had a little more of the rifle in it but had my ugly mug in it too. LOL !
Phone pics 171.jpg Phone pics 055.jpgPicture 358.jpg
Above is a doe from Wy. 2011 that had balls...Reminds me of some females I know...323 yds.
The buck was from Wy. 2010. The way his horns went straight up, I had to have him. I have one l
That lays flat already. 444 yds.

Last edited:

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
I guess it won't let you doan load more than 5 pics depending on size.
Wanted to show my son's 2010 buck and the doe with balls ready to go. Then my first antelope in 1983. Been back every year since.and another oldie 1985. pics of pics. Can't get all 15 on here. LOL !:rolleyes:Picture 372.jpgPhone pics 161.jpgPicture 532.jpgPicture 542.jpg

Last edited:

Muleys 24/7

Veteran member
Jan 12, 2012
The Golden State
The doe had balls?? It wasn't a antlerless buck, And what kinda girls are you hanging out with?:confused: LOL! That's pretty odd on the one where the horns went up....cool buck

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
The doe had balls?? It wasn't a antlerless buck, And what kinda girls are you hanging out with?:confused: LOL! That's pretty odd on the one where the horns went up....cool buck
I was going to say figuratively not literally but didn't want to go back and edit.. LOL ! It was a hornless buck.
Yah, the one with vertical horns I had to kill. Wanted to hang the horns next to the one that lays flat out.

Last edited:

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
I think the "doe" may have been a buck..lol. The markings on the head (dark brow, dark cheek patch) are more typical of a buck.

Your CA buck is sweet HWD!
Thanks Ump !
In Wy. I've seen does with bigger horns than that one. The cheek patch is the clue... :)
Where do you see a cheek patch...? ;)

Last edited: