>>---> Weekly Workout Schedule's <---<<

xtreme

Very Active Member
Feb 25, 2011
Searcy, Arkansas 72143
Sorry CC, I am already there with both ankles. I can get help with shots. Shots in the ankles are not as effective as knees but I have been able to complete some hunts, bear, WT, and trophy mule deer. I know of Steadman Clinic and I have the name of one of the doctors. I sure hope you find some help.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Sorry CC, I am already there with both ankles. I can get help with shots. Shots in the ankles are not as effective as knees but I have been able to complete some hunts, bear, WT, and trophy mule deer. I know of Steadman Clinic and I have the name of one of the doctors. I sure hope you find some help.
My Local Doc say he can give me a shot in the ankle that should last up to a couple of months. I am going to wait until after I see the Steadman Dr., I have been told that they can't do surgery until all the meds from the shot are gone. Looks like the only tag I'll have is a M/L elk for mid September. Hope to get the ankle replacement in Nov so i'll have all winter to rehab.

Kevin Root

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2011
San Jose, California
web.me.com
KR what kind of pace are you trying to meet. What is your mile time average?
Right now I'm trying to just keep improving on my after work run and the different trasitions to my form, cadence pace, etc. Kind of like a bike gearing down on up hills and gearing up on the downhills and somewhere in the middle on somewhat level trail. With the hills it is a bit different than flats or the track. I'm at a point now where I don't walk any part of my run in the hills after work. I really just am hoping to place not to far back in my age bracket next month in the race. The 1st week of June is coming up fast. If I could do the same as I ran in my last 5K race it would be awesome, 17 min, 34 sec. But with the hills, that's just not going to happen on my 55K race in June. Sure would be nice to have that average though. The record for that race for the 55K , Big Basin Run here in Ca that I'm doing is 3:57:09 set last year. Some guys do run the hills pretty fast.

Last edited:

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
CC - You live in Colorado Right? Pain should be no issue... gone in a puff of smoke! :cool:

KR - Dang Man! 55K... I feel like a little girl right now. Best of luck man. My students asked me once how I stay in shape; "Do you run Mr. Grizz?" My reply; "Why would I run, I'm not afraid of anything!" I don't think I could run that far with the entire Taliban chasing me with pruning shears. You are impressive for undertaking such a feat. My hat is off to you sir!

Update: Virus is defeated; no more nausea, puking, fatigue, sweats, shakes, or sore throat. Gave myself one more day of rest yesterday and hit the gym this morning. I felt strong! Ripped the first circuit hard and set a new time record for getting through it. I also set a new PR for pullups. Did half of our second circuit and finished it off with our new Core Wheels; did Russian Twists, Ab Rolls, Core Wheel Pushups, and Core Wheel Flys. Ended it all with two-minutes on the rope. We were spent but my wife decided to do a quick mile on the track... she is amazing! I was done.

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
That trainer is no joke right there!!

Today I started doing my running in morning when it is a little cooler. Actually it felt pretty good running in the morning instead of the afternoon.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
My Local Doc say he can give me a shot in the ankle that should last up to a couple of months. I am going to wait until after I see the Steadman Dr., I have been told that they can't do surgery until all the meds from the shot are gone. Looks like the only tag I'll have is a M/L elk for mid September. Hope to get the ankle replacement in Nov so i'll have all winter to rehab.
After a consult with my local Dr, had a cortisone shot in ankle this afternoon. He also prescribed some Celebrex. Soooo...we'll see what happens.

woodtick

Veteran member
Feb 24, 2011
Jim Bridger County, Utah
Night #1 usually Monday
Chest Tris Abs Day
Flat bench 185lbs 4 sets 12-15 reps
Incline Dumbbell bench 55lbs 4 sets 12-15 rep
Fly cables 50lbs 4 sets 12-15 rep
Tri pulldowns 90-100lbs 4 sets 12-15 rep
Decline sit-up 4 sets 20 rep

Legs Day
Squat 315lbs 4 sets 12-15 rep
Seated leg press 365 4 sets 12-15 rep
One legged box lunge 4 sets 30 rep
Dumbbell dead lift 85lbs 4 sets 12-15 rep
Leg curl 100lbs 4 sets 12-15 rep
Calve shrugs 55lbs 4 sets 12-15 rep

Back Traps Day
Wide grip pull-up 120lbs 4 sets 12-15 rep
Reversed pull-up 120lbs 4 sets 12-15 rep
Back push down 100lbs 4 sets 12-15 rep
Seated row 120lbs 4 sets 12-15 rep
Overhead row 120lbs 4 sets 12-15 rep
Romanian lift dumbbells 60lbs 4 sets 12-15 rep

Shoulders Tris Day
Front military press 115lbs 4 sets 12-15 rep
Upright rows 95lbs 4 sets 12-15 rep
Lateral flys 15lb 4 sets 12-15 rep
Close grip bench 135lbs 4 sets 12-15 rep
Overhead extensions 55-60lbs 4 sets 12-15 rep
Side pulley shoulder (cable) 40lb 4 sets 12-15 rep

Random Bicep Day
Romanian dead lift
Shoulder shrug
Oblique dip
Ab rollers
Preacher curls
Barbell curls

Saturdays I go for a hike.

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013

quicknick

Oct 7, 2011
Atascadero, CA
Yes. Cytosport whey protein is a great protein supplement. High in whey protein low in fats and carbs. Also has amino acids and other goodies. Perfect post workout.

quicknick

Oct 7, 2011
Atascadero, CA
Its popular with crossfitters. I usually get it at costco. If you want more fats use whole milk, if you want a leaner shake use water or fat free milk.

woodtick

Veteran member
Feb 24, 2011
Jim Bridger County, Utah
Hey guys,

Just a heads up on protein powders from Costco! I was shocked when I seen this. Arsenic In protein powder at high than normal levels!
Just look at the link to consumers reports I've attached.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine-archive/2010/july/food/protein-drinks/whats-in-your-protein-drink/index.htm
Whoa!! Thanks man!!

I've been using GNC XXXmass gainer and BNS AminoX and I can't believe the bulk I've put on and I'm starting to even shread out with the leaned out diet I've been on for the last 4 weeks. Much kudos' to my wife, she's a dietitian and I finally started listening to her instead of some nut job online that didn't know a thing about nutrition!

quicknick

Oct 7, 2011
Atascadero, CA
Looks like only a couple of them are over and only on a couple elements. Im glad cytosport whey is not on there anywhere, I guess I'm in the clear. ;)

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
Off to the Gym with the nephew in a few hours. Then first light tomorrow we have a full pack+10 4 miler before it gets to hot out!!

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
How is everyone doing? Its starting to get hot here supposed to be 97* today!!!! Way to humid and hot this morning to run so I will be doing the running on the treadmill this afternoon after I work out.