Official Post Padding Thread

hardstalk

Veteran member
Sep 13, 2011
vegas
My dad sent me this pic this morning. With the title. "And the cycle begins..again."This was their first fishing trip. This is me and the wife with my daughter and nephew. There 2 months apart. And its my dads first two grandkids. Pretty cool from his point of view. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370284533.164808.jpg

hardstalk

Veteran member
Sep 13, 2011
vegas
Learn something every day, I've never seen rocks used to do it.
Just outside the cabin we have an old rock pit that has a concrete bowl. Works great as a fish cleaning station. Not sure what its intention was when it started life. But since I was my daughters size at that very location that has been its intended use.

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
My dad is hanging out in Estes Park today, and sent me this:

image.jpg

It made me hate the desk I'm sitting behind even more than usual.

CoHiCntry

Veteran member
Mar 31, 2011
Colorado Mountains
Anyone get the new EHJ? Just wondering what people thought. 14 hunts featured 9 of them guided or private property. Can't wait for the public land DIY issue.
Glad to see I'm not the only one who noticed... The DIY aspect is what drew me to Eastmans in the first place. Without it, it's just another trophy hunting magazine. I hope they stick to more DIY hunts, and don't cave to the guided hunts just because they produce more and bigger trophies.

Timberstalker

Veteran member
Feb 1, 2012
Bend, Or
Glad to see I'm not the only one who noticed... The DIY aspect is what drew me to Eastmans in the first place. Without it, it's just another trophy hunting magazine. I hope they stick to more DIY hunts, and don't cave to the guided hunts just because they produce more and bigger trophies.
I'm with you CoHi, I was somewhat dissapointed with last months EBJ cover story. I started to read it but about 2 paragraphs into it I realized, I can't relate. When I opened the last issue of EHJ I was surprised to se so many stories that were either guided or private land or both. Come on boys, lets get back to where it started!

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
I am new here and that is the reason I stopped by. I have always done DIY hunts on public land in the west. Just something about getting it done on a DIY hunt. I appreciated reading many of the threads here and watching the hunts on the Eastmans show.