Wolves

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
But yet they still don't know where they are going to get the wolves from.

I can see other states balking at letting Colorado come in and trap wolves from their states since that would or could adversely affect their reintroduction and or plans on hunting wolves.

But then there is always Canada who would let Colorado have all that they can haul out.

DoubleDropMuley

Apr 18, 2020
I’m glad wyo governor said we are not giving them any Wyo wolves and I’d hope Montana or Idaho wouldn’t either , no need to F up another state !!! Unless we could guarantee they would eat the liberals leftist and leave the wildlife alone 😀

DoubleDropMuley

Apr 18, 2020
If they move them they should be moved to Canada or Alaska where they were meant to be ha so if that’s the case clear out Idaho, Montana and Wyoming 😀

idcwby

Administrator
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho
If they move them they should be moved to Canada or Alaska where they were meant to be ha so if that’s the case clear out Idaho, Montana and Wyoming 😀
I’d say LA, New York, Chicago would be better. No sense adding more predators to Alaska or Canada. Might as well clear out Wisconsin and Michigan also. 😁

Reactions: JimP

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
It was reported today, at least that is when I first heard of it, Idaho thumbed their noses at Colorado as far as getting wolves.

• Haha
Reactions: mallardsx2

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Maybe the liberals can grow some wolves in a petri dish like they grow the chicken?!
LOL. nice!

IDAHO should sell them all they want. if we don't the Canadians will.

wolves are like liberals babies. the only good one is the one that wasn't allowed to exist!

Last edited:

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I was reading the other day and the states where Colorado has been looking are mentioning the liability issue of allowing Colorado to have some of their wolves. I can just see the problems if a collared wolf from Idaho should start causing problems in Colorado after Idaho let them have it.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I was reading the other day and the states where Colorado has been looking are mentioning the liability issue of allowing Colorado to have some of their wolves. I can just see the problems if a collared wolf from Idaho should start causing problems in Colorado after Idaho let them have it.
yeah. there is no doubt our common sense and justice system is completely out of wack!

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Update:

CPW has been looking at Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington, and Oregon, as stated in its final wolf management plan, for sources of wolves. They have NOT been looking to source wolves from Canada.
So far, Wyoming and Idaho have already informed Colorado they will not serve as a wolf source for Colorado’s reintroduction plan. Recently, Montanna and Washington have also said they won't provide Colorado wolves by its deadline. Washington could decide to assist in 2024, but not before the end of 2023 deadline.
That leaves Oregon as the only state that could provide wolves to Colorado before the December 31st deadline when Colorado wishes to release 10 to 15 wolves west of the Continental Divide. However, Oregon has the fewest wolves of any of the states being considered and they don’t know if they could provide wolves to Colorado by the end of 2023.

CPW says now they are reaching out to the Nez Perce Tribe, and may reach out to other tribes, as they explore all options for potential sources of the first 10 to 15 wolves to be reintroduced into the state. The Nez Perce tribe is located in the heart of Idaho's wolf country. Native American tribes have the right to govern themselves and could provide wolves if they decide to. However, so far, the Nez Perce Tribe hasn’t made any decision.

Ever since Proposition 114 was approved in 2020, CPW has been working on a recovery and management plan to comply with the measure to reintroduce wolves by the end of 2023. However, nothing in that plan addresses the possibility of not being able to get any wolves.
Rob Edward, president of the Rocky Mountain Wolf Action Fund, which led a massive effort to pass the proposition, said he expects Colorado to comply with the voters' will.

Maybe if the state fails, Edward will sue Gov. Polis (who supports wolf reintroduction) and the rest of us can just sit back and watch the wolf lovers fight amongst themselves and leave the rest of the state alone. Colorado already seems to be doing just fine without their help, and without any additional wolves.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
And so it begins!!! In a couple years, it’ll be the story of “I told you so”. We’ve all seen this before…and it sucks! It’s unfortunate this is happening in Colorado too. It seems to be the trend. This has been a Midwest trend for years, but the general public can’t, or doesn’t, want to see it.
the public is, generally speaking, a bunch of fucking morons! and that is as kind as I can put it.

Reactions: Naturebob

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
This wolf reintroduction is just mind blowing to me. I know we have all mentioned this before, and oppose it. Every state, or outdoorsmen I should say, has seen the results. It’s not good. Good for all those states saying they’re not aiding in that problem. It just goes to show how strong the liberal, anti hunting movement actually is. I really shouldn’t even use the word “liberal” anymore either, it’s way beyond that at this point.

Reactions: kidoggy

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Just saw on the news tonight that they have the final spot for the first release of wolves here in Colorado.

It will be from Vail to Glenwood Springs, south to Aspen. So just a bit north on I-70 down to Aspen in that box.

I live right in the middle of it. Low elk population, mule deer are not what they should be. Sounds like the wolves will be feeding on cattle.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
As mentioned earlier, i was hoping they would release them close to Denver. Those folks want the wolves, the state should give them what they want.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
One of the stipulations on the reintroduction was no wolves east of the Contenatal Divide.

A couple others were no wolves on Tribal Lands, and a minimum of 50 miles from the state border. As if the wolves have maps and GPS's

• Haha
Reactions: idcwby