Area 61 type 1 hunt in Wyoming 2022

mvinski

Mar 1, 2014
Colorado
Reaching out to see if you are putting in for Area 61 type 1 in Wyoming this month. My buddy and i have 23 points between us and our outfitter suggested reaching out to see if there is any generous person out there planning to do the same that has 14 or more points that would be willing to put in with us and give us a better chance of drawing in 2022.

I know it is a long shot, thanks for reading my thread.

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Reaching out to see if you are putting in for Area 61 type 1 in Wyoming this month. My buddy and i have 23 points between us and our outfitter suggested reaching out to see if there is any generous person out there planning to do the same that has 14 or more points that would be willing to put in with us and give us a better chance of drawing in 2022.

I know it is a long shot, thanks for reading my thread.
You may as well wait until May to see how the winter progresses and what the quotas look like. Applications aren't due until the end of May.

Also, anyone who built 14 points to draw what is basically a once in a lifetime tag isn't going to lower their chances of drawing if they are set on hunting this year.

Good luck to you.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
You may as well wait until May to see how the winter progresses and what the quotas look like. Applications aren't due until the end of May.

Also, anyone who built 14 points to draw what is basically a once in a lifetime tag isn't going to lower their chances of drawing if they are set on hunting this year.

Good luck to you.
He has until January 31 as a non-resident to get it in.

Also as an FYI, Wyoming elk has been updated in TagHub1

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
He would have to be a real good friend or family member for me to go down in points just in the hopes that he and another person could draw.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
61-1 for elk is so off my radar. He wasn't specific with species so I assumed antelope. My apologies.
Yeah, for most NR guys the wilderness designation on a bunch of Park county hunts is a big turn off. Let alone the big brown obnoxious critter.

mvinski

Mar 1, 2014
Colorado
Yeah, for most NR guys the wilderness designation on a bunch of Park county hunts is a big turn off. Let alone the big brown obnoxious critter.
It is elk and I will have to put up with the grizzlies. Part of the opportunity to hunt Wyoming as a NR.