Who else is...

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
I did a bike ride last monday with a business associate.
This dude is a fucking animal. He has done 17 ironmans and around 40 marathons. He just did a 50k trail run. Super stud type of guy.
It was fun riding with him, he pushed me up and i pushed him back down. For a decade, he could do an ironman or marathon whenever he wanted.

On a side note, i had a ball last week, but back to work and the reality of life.
Super cool experience! Good for you.

Reactions: archeranthony

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Day 9... Fell off the wagon yesterday!

I only got a single workout in yesterday, upper body push w/20minutes of cardio to end it. Not going to make excuses but I planned on doing my outside cardio (Ruck) before bed and life got in the way. Kids were terrible and needed discipline and then my new puppy got sick and I was up most of the night with him. I still should have made the time for a second workout but let being tired get in the way.

Back at it today.

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
I took a few recovery days this week. Been awhile. I’m always cautious and listen to my body but you often still need some random full recovery every few months.
Couldn't agree more, learning how to use rest as a weapon (quoting Reekers there) is something we all need to brush up on. Especially us over 40 dudes.

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Day 10...
Back on track this morning... listened to my body and slept until 6:00... felt good to get an extra hour of sleep! Stadium stair ruck with my 22lb. son in a 5lb. pack followed by 3.5 mile brisk walk before bed yesterday. Today will be Push/Pull in the gym (deads/squats/rows/leg press/reverse hypers/shrugs/curls) and a 45 minute ruck before bed.