Who else is...

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
So I made a deal with my Father who is not in the best shape that I would commit to going to the gym with him every day before work if he signed us up at the local gym. This is our first week. Pray for us that he sticks with it. We have a late season elk rifle hunt coming up In the next couple years and I don’t want his health to hold him back. Also it was easier for me to do this than telling him I think he is very unhealthy.View attachment 34938
Man that's a tough battle, best of luck!

Reactions: archeranthony

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
So I made a deal with my Father who is not in the best shape that I would commit to going to the gym with him every day before work if he signed us up at the local gym. This is our first week. Pray for us that he sticks with it. We have a late season elk rifle hunt coming up In the next couple years and I don’t want his health to hold him back. Also it was easier for me to do this than telling him I think he is very unhealthy.View attachment 34938
Sometimes all some people need is an accountability person or someone to go with them so they dont feel uncomfortable. So good on you for being that person for him. Just keep encouraging him as the jorney goes.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Nice socks! lol

Great job btw. I wish I had dedication to stay after something like that. My wife is a workout fanatic. I just cant get into it other than brushing up on my cardio.

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Day 3 of the 75 Hard Challenge update...

The most difficult part of this is drinking a gallon of water each day! HOLY CRAP!!! Wish coffee counted, lol.

Two 45 minute workouts each day and no alcohol is cake compared to the water requirement, guess that's where the mental toughness comes into play.

Focused pretty heavy on cardio for this challenge with LISS in the mornings and HIIT after weight training either on my lunch breaks or before bed.

Intermittent Fasting has me down a few pounds but I need to pay closer attention to the number of calories I'm consuming even though I'm eating healthy. I need to keep my calories as close to 2k per day as possible.

Reading 10 pages per day? HA! More like 100 pages per day.

Keeping after it as I'm determined to use this as a spring board into a lifestyle change.