2021 Turkey plans

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I've knocked on a few doors this year and all I have gotten is a firm NO WAY from all of them.

Since most of the turkeys in the unit that I am hunting are on private land I'll need to knock on a few more doors but the prospects don't look good.

Other than that I'll take a hike up a draw with a few other hunters who will undoubtedly be hunting it also.

00BUCK

Feb 23, 2011
NorCal
Our season opens the 27th. Just got back from scouting with my girls. Saw 8 Toms this evening. We are lucky to live around and have access to great turkey habitat .

Cant wait to see them stories post. Turk hunting is a great way to get kids outdoors

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
I'll be out every chance I get here in OR. Busy time of year, but I have a spring bear and a turkey tag that need a couple notches in them :).

Reactions: DoubleDropMuley

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
Started a new job a month or so I'll limit my vacation time for this spring. Will hunt Western Kansas for early archery season, before Missouri opens up. Have a friend coming in from out of state to try his hand at turkey hunting, will spend a few days calling for him.
My boy is about 3 and a half, if we get nice weather, may take him out for a morning or two.

It's almost here!!

Wyoming Hart

Very Active Member
Oct 10, 2014
Spring Run, PA
I'll be staying local here in PA. Dad had 5 bypasses done a few weeks ago, so I'm hoping he will be healed up enough to hit the mountains by the start of the season. Signs of Spring are just starting to happen as I'm seeing birds more often and some strutting going on. Some people have heard some gobbles already, but I haven't yet; although haven't been out to besides one morning 2 weeks ago.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Tough hunting Saturday and Sunday. High winds, cool temperatures. Didn't even hear a bird Saturday. Sunday I heard a bird and tried to close the distance but he only gobbled three times on the roost. Sat there until 11:00 waiting him out to try and relocate him then threw in the towel. The wind was really howling...

This weekend appears to be cool with rain and wind for both sat and sun....I'll give it a whirl again and see what happens. I might go to my hog spot and try to do a dual purpose hunt this time....

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
Tough hunting Saturday and Sunday. High winds, cool temperatures. Didn't even hear a bird Saturday. Sunday I heard a bird and tried to close the distance but he only gobbled three times on the roost. Sat there until 11:00 waiting him out to try and relocate him then threw in the towel. The wind was really howling...

This weekend appears to be cool with rain and wind for both sat and sun....I'll give it a whirl again and see what happens. I might go to my hog spot and try to do a dual purpose hunt this time....
Hate hunting in the wind!

Reactions: DoubleDropMuley

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Lookin' like MT for me this year, hopefully! Probably Wyoming general as well. I dropped the ball on Iowa and didn't get my app in on time. Figured I could pick up a leftover... yeah right! Shoulda known better.
There is always OTC Nebraska as well if you want another state to hunt.

Reactions: THelms