How many of you will get the Covid shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Now that the Covid 19 shot is on the horizon, who is planning on getting one (or 2) and who will refuse?

I know I will do everything I can to get it ASAP....for sure!

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Since I am in the higher risk group I'll get it, but I do know of some that don't believe in shots to prevent a problem that they don't have.

I saw the tentative list on first to last on who gets the shots and those in the state prison system are up there at 3 or 4 on the list if not hightr.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
i want to say no. but i believe that many places are going to require proof of vaccinations for our own travels? then it will put another burden on a guy to decide.
I remember many moons ago when my dad went into Mexico to work and of course my mom and us two kids followed.

She had a complete record of our immunizations that she carried, and I remember the border guard one time asking about some kind of shots as we crossed the border. I'm not sure if he was asking it legally or if he just wanted my mom to be informed, but then I was only 6 years old at the time.

I know that on another outdoor forum that I am on that a certified proof of vaccination will be required to get into some of the African countries. Before all this happened the only vaccination that was required was a yellow fever one for certain countries and or locations.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I have to question the speed with wich this thing is being rolled out .
I am not particularly against getting it but I am not going to rush out in any hurry to get it either . I am ok with those in the high risk groups making their own decisions on wether or not they want to get it and hope they will make an informed decision about their health and whatever they choose be the right decision for them.

I really do!

that said............

I do not buy into the "for your fellow man " bowlshat!
I do not particularly care who gets sick and who doesn't . nor do I really care who dies and who doesn't. that is a result off their own choices which, it is my belief, they have every right to make ,good or bad.
my health or lack thereof is MY responsibility, YOURS(humanity in general) is not!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not seek to control others choices and resent those who try to control mine !

those who are askeert, should wear their masks, wash their hands , social distance, self quarantine, in short, take responsibility for their own health and STF out of my business.
hell ,I do all those things anyhow . not for fear off getting sick but because most people disgust me!!!!!!! ;) :ROFLMAO:

I may or may not at some future point get it(vaccinate ) when I have seen how others fare. in the meantime I am not worried in the least about contracting covid and am very content to sit back and let the chicken littles of the world be my guinea pig.

Last edited:

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
that's great , except no one will really know if what they are taking is actually the vaccine or not.

but it will serve to pacify the sheep. ;) :ROFLMAO:

not saying they would do such a thing but it is my belief that no politician is above such deception. and at least half of the voters are not wise enough not to fall for it.

Last edited:

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
This is really a no-brainer. All you anti-vaxers out there; aren't you glad that vaccines have eliminated smallpox and polio? The childhood diseases that all of us over 50 had to suffer through are mostly eliminated, and are only coming back due to folks not taking the vaccine. Here's a list of some of what I had growing up that my kids and grandkids didn't ever get; mumps, measles, rubella, pneumonia, rheumatic fever, chicken pox. My uncle had polio, and he had a good friend die from it and another was crippled or life. The risk is to those who were the test subjects, and it all happened in six months because of advances in genetic sequencing and the governments fronting billions to get things rolling.

mosquito

Nov 1, 2012
NE ohio
Im going to wait .. if i had diabetes or any other conditions where i was at a higher risk i would get it without hesitation. Im not an anti vaccination type person but im going to wait . I think its a good thing the presidents are stepping up . I think that will make some people more comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.