It's so dry this year

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
We just got back from 5 days in area 111. We were amazed at just how dry it is this year. Saw a few deer near the campground we stayed in and there was a grouse teasing me walking around in the campground like it knew it was safe there. Didn't find any outside the campground except for one sage grouse near Duck creek but I couldn't find anyplace to get across the creek. They were in season until Oct. 4th.
We did have several bulls bugling like crazy one night just below the campground which was pretty cool. The wife and kid had never heard bugling other than on tv.
A little Brown trout from Duck creek as well.32307
A pic looking at the Schell creek range from Duck creek.

A pic from further up the mountain

Last edited:

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Looks like it would hold some deer. Find the water seeps and you’ll eventually find the deer thus year.
You heading back out later?

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Your middle photo looks like a group pic of all the Biden voters in Nevada 😉
Really? How typical of a right-winger to turn a simple landscape pic into a political jab, especially since Biden leads trump in NV polls.
Let's keep this a hunting forum and keep your political opinion out of it.

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Looks like it would hold some deer. Find the water seeps and you’ll eventually find the deer thus year.
You heading back out later?
We were only out camping to get out of the unreal Oct. heat this year. No tags for us this year.
Driving through Vegas on the way home it was 101°, pure craziness.
Yes it does hold some monster bucks and elk, we see them every summer. There is plenty of water in the upper area of the mountain.

Reactions: Bonecollector

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Really? How typical of a right-winger to turn a simple landscape pic into a political jab, especially since Biden leads trump in NV polls.
Let's keep this a hunting forum and keep your political opinion out of it.
It was just a joke.
I thought you’d understand a good joke based on all the political memes you post.
No offense meant.

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
We just got back from 5 days in area 111. We were amazed at just how dry it is this year. Saw a few deer near the campground we stayed in and there was a grouse teasing me walking around in the campground like it knew it was safe there. Didn't find any outside the campground except for one sage grouse near Duck creek but I couldn't find anyplace to get across the creek. They were in season until Oct. 4th.
We did have several bulls bugling like crazy one night just below the campground which was pretty cool. The wife and kid had never heard bugling other than on tv.
A little Brown trout from Duck creek as well.View attachment 32307
A pic looking at the Schell creek range from Duck creek.
View attachment 32305

A pic from further up the mountain

View attachment 32306
It's so dry in Az. this year, the Roadrunners are praying for rain! 💥 Praying for Rain 20'.jpgPraying for Rain 2  20'.jpg

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Can't wait to get in that area come November!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck to on your hunt. (y)
Hopefully the fire restrictions will be lifted by then.
Currently there are no fires of any kind even charcoal allowed on BLM or FS land, state parks, Including developed campgrounds.
It was kind of strange camping and not having a campfire.

Reactions: NDHunter

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Good luck to on your hunt. (y)
Hopefully the fire restrictions will be lifted by then.
Currently there are no fires of any kind even charcoal allowed on BLM or FS land, state parks, Including developed campgrounds.
It was kind of strange camping and not having a campfire.
Those trips used to be weird to me too. But...then I started backpack hunting and only have fires when I can justify the weight of the titanium stove.