2020 Fishing

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
I managed to get out for a few hours last night. Using top waters for bass (buzz bait and frog). Landed a 14 inch bass and missed about 10. Ended up catching a 6 inch bass on the buzz bait and figured most of the fish i were missing were small. Switched to my crappie pole with gulp worms and caught about 30 large bluegils, redears, etc. Many of those were getting ready to spawn again. Females had eggs. I'm amazed at how well the gulp baits work. I bought gulp worms and minnows right when the pandemic hit because I didn't know if the bait shops would be open.

Reactions: marcusvdk

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I have been slacking, we have done more fishing/camping this summer than I have done in a long time. Just haven't pushed for a lot of pics.

Yell Co AR Hunter

Very Active Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yell County Arkansas
Those are a lot different than the Goldens we catch in California.
After looking into these Golden trout. They are not related to the California Golden trout. These are rainbow trout that have different color phase. Arkansas bought them from a hatchery out of Missouri. Some federal money was received due to flood damage to an Arkansas hatchery. Also traded some channel catfish for trout from Wyoming. I think those were Tiger trout. Tiger trout still on my must catch list.

shootbrownelk

Veteran member
Apr 11, 2011
Wyoming
Yeah, the majority that I catch are that big. The fight is excellent on my crappie pole. The size allows me to fillet them with my electric knife. Bluegill along with crappie are my favorite eating fish that we can catch around here.
My favorite fish to eat is walleye followed by northern pike. I fillet the pike and end up with 5 boneless fillets, and I use the meat that the Y bones are in and pickle it. The vinegar and pickling spices dissolves the bones.I add onions too.

Reactions: buckbull

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
My favorite fish to eat is walleye followed by northern pike. I fillet the pike and end up with 5 boneless fillets, and I use the meat that the Y bones are in and pickle it. The vinegar and pickling spices dissolves the bones.I add onions too.
Yeah, it's tough to go wrong with Walleye. Caught and ate my "stomach limit" every day during my bear hunt in Quebec.