Opening The Can Of Worms...Coronavirus...

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
The other issue fueling the reaction now is that it seems like the death toll in China was way worse than they reported. Like by a factor of 20 way worse...

It was bad enough that the government there was welding apartment doors shut to keep people inside. Not good!

Reactions: kidoggy

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
The other issue fueling the reaction now is that it seems like the death toll in China was way worse than they reported. Like by a factor of 20 way worse...

It was bad enough that the government there was welding apartment doors shut to keep people inside. Not good!
I suspect the same thing is going on in lil kims kingdom right now. thank god we live in the USA and have access to the best healthcare there is.

Reactions: dan maule

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio

I called this out about 2 weeks ago. I bet millions were infected.

Reactions: Winchester

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming

You can't even take the numbers coming out of China with a grain of salt. Only thing I would put any stock in is what Italy and western Europe is putting out there for statistics. Ironically Iran of all places seems to be reporting what top brass in the USA believe are relatively accurate numbers, Iran of all places. I wouldn't believe a dang word China or North Korea Korea say right now even if there's video evidence.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
You can't even take the numbers coming out of China with a grain of salt. Only thing I would put any stock in is what Italy and western Europe is putting out there for statistics. Ironically Iran of all places seems to be reporting what top brass in the USA believe are relatively accurate numbers, Iran of all places. I wouldn't believe a dang word China or North Korea Korea say right now even if there's video evidence.
Sadly this morning a report out of Italy is that death is way worse than reported because people are dieing at home because they can't get into the hospitals.

Reactions: shootbrownelk

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
What started making me take this serious is when the USA is taking so many precautions, and we surpassed 1k deaths in a day. If Trump hadn't put travel restrictions on Asian countries 2 months ago, and we took the precautionary actions we have since then, I don't think we want to know what the death
Sadly this morning a report out of Italy is that death is way worse than reported because people are dieing at home because they can't get into the hospitals.
We unfortunately don't have perfect figures here even, but at least Italy, western Europe, and USA aren't intentionally hiding anything.... I hope.

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
Remington is trying to help, but not getting any response.

Remington isn't offering to help all THAT much. They're not offering to start getting ventilators BUILT. That's just how the right-wing media is playing it. Your takeaway (as it's meant to be) is "Remington wants to help, but stupid Cuomo is ignoring them."

The truth is Remington is offering SPACE in a factory they've got shut down right now. They are not offering to make ventilators or PPE, they don't have the raw materials, the machines, or the trained people to do it. If you read the articles you'll find this:

He added that his understanding is that Remington is not offering its personnel or equipment — “that’s set up for gun manufacturing” — but space that could be used for production or for distribution of goods.
Factory space is cheap and easily obtained. It's a needed detail, but it's the easy part. Hospitals need PPE and ventilators as quickly as possible and it makes sense for the priority to be given to organizations that can actually deliver them quickly. Now, I like Remington, I own several of their firearms, and I'm glad they made the gesture. But don't believe what the media says about what's actually happening here. Even the media that prints stuff you want to believe is true... ALL of them, on BOTH sides, just want your clicks for the ad revenue. They'll print whatever brings you there, with whatever spin gets your goat up to do it.

Reactions: Hilltop

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Remington isn't offering to help all THAT much. They're not offering to start getting ventilators BUILT. That's just how the right-wing media is playing it. Your takeaway (as it's meant to be) is "Remington wants to help, but stupid Cuomo is ignoring them."

The truth is Remington is offering SPACE in a factory they've got shut down right now. They are not offering to make ventilators or PPE, they don't have the raw materials, the machines, or the trained people to do it. If you read the articles you'll find this:

Factory space is cheap and easily obtained. It's a needed detail, but it's the easy part. Hospitals need PPE and ventilators as quickly as possible and it makes sense for the priority to be given to organizations that can actually deliver them quickly. Now, I like Remington, I own several of their firearms, and I'm glad they made the gesture. But don't believe what the media says about what's actually happening here. Even the media that prints stuff you want to believe is true... ALL of them, on BOTH sides, just want your clicks for the ad revenue. They'll print whatever brings you there, with whatever spin gets your goat up to do it.
what! are suggesting the media lies????????????????? oh deer!!

Reactions: D_Dubya and idcwby

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Anyone else's car getting 3 weeks to a gallon?

I've never seen the air and waters so clear.
world temps have probably dropped 3% this past month! go corona!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :D

Reactions: tdub24

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Anyone else's car getting 3 weeks to a gallon?

I've never seen the air and waters so clear.
world temps have probably dropped 3% this past month! go corona!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :D
Gas stabilizer better be on some people shopping list here shortly.

Went grocery shopping this morning in Cheyenne, first time in 11 days. Every employee at King Soopers is AWESOME! All the other customers were nice, most everything was available, got everything we need for 2 weeks. Praying and hoping everyone has safe week🍻

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
CNN breaking news...……...

official autopsy report confirms ...

Jeffrey Epstein died from the corona virus! :D :D

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
has anyone been following the nonsense the house dems put in the latest "heroes" stimulus bill????????????????

god help this nation if them wackadoodles ever control both house and senate . and god forbid, if the treasonist (yep, I said it and consider it to be way to kind)democrat party ever gains control of congress and the presidency.

WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!