2019 NW Colorado Archery Muzzleloader Report

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Elk Day #6
Down the trail after some corn beef hash and biscuits. Past the sheep we go again......and what.....a bugle that close to the sheep? We sneak in a little further maybe 100 yards as i figure they have to be moving away from the sheep. Low and behold through the aspen i see an elk butt. Wind check is good and it looks like they are gonna work their way north on a ridgetop down into the valley on a finger. The bull that let off with a very medium tone bugle wouldnt fire off again after a soft mew or two. Plan is to keep the good wind and just parallel them. Plan works well but we only can catch up to the trail end cows. I snap a twig underfoot pretty loud, let out a few lost cow calls and thats all it took for 3 to turn back and come to us. 52 yards is where they stopped all broadside to take a look at where the sound came from. Didnt hear a thing the rest of the day. Back to camp for a late lunch early dinner breakfast in the afternoon bacon, egg and cheese bagel.😀
20190906_130138.jpg

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Hit her hard Slugz…living the dream. The dog got me up way too early for a potty break, so I am about to head out to Colorado a bit earlier than planned this morning. I'll be totally off the grid, so will have your updates to look forward to after my return. Perhaps I'll even have some of my own. Good luck. Rick

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Hit her hard Slugz…living the dream. The dog got me up way too early for a potty break, so I am about to head out to Colorado a bit earlier than planned this morning. I'll be totally off the grid, so will have your updates to look forward to after my return. Perhaps I'll even have some of my own. Good luck. Rick
Good luck sir be safe and have fun!!

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Packing some food today. Gonna take a little spike camp also with me. I think if the sheep are still there combined with the muzzle pressure.....may need to get away from them a little to stay in the animals. OMG Steelers
Good luck Slugz!
Yeah, our Steelers were terrible … they often look a little rusty in the first game of the year, but that was ridiculous. :cautious:

Reactions: Slugz

graybird

Feb 22, 2011
Colorado
Good luck Slugz!
Yeah, our Steelers were terrible … they often look a little rusty in the first game of the year, but that was ridiculous. :cautious:
I'm an Oklahoma State fan and have become a de facto Steelers fan with the addition of Mason Rudolf and James Washington. That #11 couldn't catch a pass if his life depended upon it!!!

Winchester

Veteran member
Mar 27, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
I'm an Oklahoma State fan and have become a de facto Steelers fan with the addition of Mason Rudolf and James Washington. That #11 couldn't catch a pass if his life depended upon it!!!
True, true … but the Steelers had so many problems last night it was crazy. I hope they can just forget about it and move on. The season is just getting started. Hopefully they'll be ok.