Major Forum Updates Coming!

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I'm glad the albums are coming back, I like that feature. I kinda preferred the old format for the rest but I can learn to like the new one too I'm sure.
Once you get used to this new format I am pretty sure you will like it. One piece that I am excited for is the change that we were able to implement in the advertising. We are able to still meet obligations and spread them out a bit more though. Giant ad at the top gone, much more standard size banner will be in it's place.

sigpros

Very Active Member
Aug 10, 2011
missouri
I can't check my pm icon won't do anything when I tap it. I agree not many people like change, but so far I'm not impressed. Again though I'm not tech savy so I will try and get used to it.

WapitiBob

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
Bend, Orygun
What about a spot where you can click on a thread and it brings up all of the unread answers on that thread.

Now you have to click on the single new post and then scroll through the other answers to get to the first one.

Also there is a flag telling you that there are new post in a forum but when you click on that forum there is no indications that there are new threads other than on the far right telling you how long it has been since the last answer on that thread.
click the "whats new" header and it shows all the updated threads. Click a thread and you'll go right to where you left off.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
click the "whats new" header and it shows all the updated threads. Click a thread and you'll go right to where you left off.
If you do this it will take you to the last post in the thread if you click on the first response. Then you have to backtrack up the thread to the first one that you haven't read. If there have been 20 post since you last read the thread this can become quite activating trying to find out what they are talking about.

Also if you read all the post in the "What's New" area they don't disappear as most read post do in this type of area. They just stay there until they either time out or you "Mark Forums Read"

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
There is also a difference between looking at the "What's New" and the link "New Post". Right now I am showing 10 post in the Whats New with 7 that I have not read or looked at. But if I go to the New Post it only shows 4 that I have not read, but if I look at 2 of them in the New Post and go back to it there are now only 2 post to read or look at but there are still 10 post in the What's New.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
AAAAAAAAGH!!!! Even though I was a tech in the Marine Corps, that was over 40 years ago and some things have changed. (Just a little.) I don't like change either, and find that when I try to keep up to date it just sucks me in and I get really frustrated. However, I was able to update my avitar very easily by just going to my profile and downloading a new photo from my files.

Reactions: Prerylyon and JimP

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I can't check my pm icon won't do anything when I tap it. I agree not many people like change, but so far I'm not impressed. Again though I'm not tech savy so I will try and get used to it.
Are you on mobile or on desktop? Top right I see that I have two notifications and next to it is the PM. I haven't had any issues getting into mine, but will gladly help you trouble shoot.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Anything about having to read threads backwards where we can get to the first unread post without scrolling through all the other post that have been made?