Major Forum Updates Coming!

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Also post count is missing on the active forums, you have no idea if the person asking questions is a new hunter or a old time forum member.
You can find it elsewhere but it should be up front and center.

Reactions: Gr8bawana

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
JimP hovering.NO GO.There is no down arrow.Maybe too hot here can't think straight.
Try hunting Coese and Javelina at 112deg.NOT...See you in Feb. :cool:

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
post count is alive and well

down arrow under posters name
Yes, I found it after posting.

This is one of the most unfriendly type of forum software that I have been on.

I don't even know if they can fix it by setting the options in the software.

I am also with CC on a lot of great information being lost or buried so deep that a common person can't find it without the forum manual.

• Sad
Reactions: shootbrownelk

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I don't mind change but there is a difference between a user friendly forum software and what we have here.

It is going to be a lot of trial and err to figure out what works with this software and what doesn't. I am on a half dozen truck forums and while all of them have changed their software over the years I have yet to have one like this one as far as having to figure out what is going on with it.

I even went into my user profile to see if there were settings that I could adjust to get some of the things to work better than what the default ones are but nothing helped.

Reactions: shootbrownelk

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Hey all, just a few things. As many of you can see, I updated my Avatar really easily with a very large size file. If your avatar is fuzzy it may simply have to do with how the old forum platform only used very low resolution images.

Developer and I are working to get your albums all back.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
What about a spot where you can click on a thread and it brings up all of the unread answers on that thread.

Now you have to click on the single new post and then scroll through the other answers to get to the first one.

Also there is a flag telling you that there are new post in a forum but when you click on that forum there is no indications that there are new threads other than on the far right telling you how long it has been since the last answer on that thread.

hunter25

Very Active Member
Sep 8, 2016
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Ok guys,
enlighten me. Obviously not as savvy as I'd like to think. I'm using my computer now as I'm umable to get in with my phone. Do I need to delete tapatalk? If I try to log into eastmans forums it takes me straight back to tapatalk right now.

archeranthony

Dec 10, 2018
Texas
Ok guys,
enlighten me. Obviously not as savvy as I'd like to think. I'm using my computer now as I'm umable to get in with my phone. Do I need to delete tapatalk? If I try to log into eastmans forums it takes me straight back to tapatalk right now.
Yes get rid of Tapatalk and go to forum.eastmans.com put that in your address bar

mcseal2

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
midwest
I'm glad the albums are coming back, I like that feature. I kinda preferred the old format for the rest but I can learn to like the new one too I'm sure.