Official Post Padding Thread

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I have know of several people that had been quite active on forums that have disappeared over night.

A lot of times they just decided to go another direction and go and never look back.

Timberstalker

Veteran member
Feb 1, 2012
Bend, Or
The next time you are on a computer log out and then when you try to log back in click the forgot password link. But first go into Settings and make sure that your email is correct.

You could even do it on a phone but if you use another way to connect to the forum you will have at least a backup to get back on if something is screwed up.

I can’t change anything in the settings without the password. The email on file is not current. If I log out from my phone I will be the next Musket Man. Poof gone.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Ok, then the last way would be to just send one of the mods a PM telling him your situation with new email and he will work with you on it.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I thought that was what we were doing?????????????????????

:D

I used to fix passwords, and emails all the time on another forum where I was a mod.

Alabama

Veteran member
Feb 18, 2013
Sweet Home Alabama
Speaking of guys vanishing, where is Hardstalk, DrHorsepower, Velvetfvr, and Bitterroot Bulls? Those guys used to be core members that were always posting helpful stuff and cool pics. There was also a guy from Utah that worked on irrigation pumps or something. Him, MM, and Marcusdvk used to banter back and forth on the Nevada draw threads. All those guys just vanished. (Not you Marcusdvk, I know you're still here)

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Speaking of guys vanishing, where is Hardstalk, DrHorsepower, Velvetfvr, and Bitterroot Bulls? Those guys used to be core members that were always posting helpful stuff and cool pics. There was also a guy from Utah that worked on irrigation pumps or something. Him, MM, and Marcusdvk used to banter back and forth on the Nevada draw threads. All those guys just vanished. (Not you Marcusdvk, I know you're still here)
Yeah it's weird they all vanished around the same time

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Timberstalker

Veteran member
Feb 1, 2012
Bend, Or
Those guys are what kept me coming back on here. Now it’s just become a daily habit to see what’s going in. In the last several years all the intel or questions I’ve asked have pretty much been covered. I really have no good reason to even be here other than entertainment.
One thing I really like about this forum is how there is no BS allowed. Just a bunch of people with similar interests helping each other out and getting along, no drama. There’s enough of that in my day to day at work I don’t want to deal with it on my free time. So I come here.

Last edited:

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Those guys are what kept me coming back on here. Now it?s just become a daily habit to see what?s going in. In the last several years all the intel or questions I?ve asked have pretty much been covered. I really have no good reason to even be here other than entertainment.
One thing I really like about this forum is how there is no BS allowed. Just a bunch of people with similar interests helping each other out and getting along, no drama. There?s enough of that in my day to day at work I don?t want to deal with it on my free time. So I come here.
Yeah it's a habit to check it every day or every other for entertainment. And peoples fun stories. Love the no bs in here just great people and information

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Yeah it's a habit to check it every day or every other for entertainment. And peoples fun stories. Love the no bs in here just great people and information

some good natured BS is welcomed. busting each others chops is what outdoorsmen do.
what better way to pass the hunting down time.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
some good natured BS is welcomed. busting each others chops is what outdoorsmen do.
what better way to pass the hunting down time.
I guess what I mean by what I said is the fighting and bad natured crap you find on most social media sites

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
UPDATE:

I was able to find Musket Man online and get a hold of him been doing good just been very busy and had thing going on. Said he's been meaning to get back on the forum and check in with us

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Changed out a disaster of an electrical panel in my shed today. A 60 amp service feeding a 200 amp box with 30 brakes landed, and only 7 were active. Pulled a new main in, and just placed a Square D 100 amp box that has 10 positions. I wired the 7 positions in, and set up an eighth for an outside GFI outlet. My shed isn't very big, and a 100 amps is way more than enough, the 60 amp was actually enough, but just done wrong. My house panel is an outdated Federal Pacific box that only has 12 position and most breakers are doubled. I'm going to change out to the Square D 200 amp box that I recovered from my shed. I need run a new main lead from my meter to the breaker location, then I'll be able to separate all the double breakers. I've already prerun dedicated 12-2 leads to my washer, microwave, and a junction location to split a breaker that has 4 bedrooms on it. It'll be good to have everything up to date and done right.