Official Post Padding Thread

Timberstalker

Veteran member
Feb 1, 2012
Bend, Or
So how long do you fight stuff till you finally give in and go to a Dr.? With aches and pains I usually give it a few months. Is it doesn’t get better I will go see why it hurts. If I need stitches I go get them but I always take them out myself. Sickness I rarely ever go, but I’ve been sick for over a week now and it’s gett very annoying. I may give in and see if there’s something to get me back on my feet. Headaches and coughing won’t go away, I’m over it.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I hated doctors years ago and I still hate them.

Now after saying that if you find a good one they are worth their weight in gold. I fought gout for years but every time that I would have a blood test done the uric acid levels came back normal and they wouldn't do anything about it. Then I went in and saw one doctor and he checked a few other things and put me on a drug that takes care of the uric acid levels. Then a few years ago I had a flare up and he prescribed a drug to knock down the flare up, I now call that drug my wonder drug. I only need to take one or two of the pills and the flare up is gone.

Also when it comes to the sniffles, just go see a Dr. They will get you some antibiotics and send you on your merry way. The problem is sometimes they work and sometimes they don't and you just need to let the sniffles run their course. That along with the fact that Dr's can prescribe lot better drugs than you can purchase over the counter and they work a lot better.

zpooch

Very Active Member
Aug 11, 2016
Wyoming
I've been putting off my knee for about 2 years now. I think I'll get it checked out after ski season is over this year.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
If you are talking about replacement surgery all I can say is to do it.

My brother in law put it off for years until he had his first one done. Afterwards he wondered why he hadn't done it sooner. The next year he had his other knee done.

zpooch

Very Active Member
Aug 11, 2016
Wyoming
Nope, I'm in my 30s and have had both ACLs replaced over 15 years ago from football related nonsense. One of them is giving a bit of trouble, I'm hoping for just a clean out. I'm sure I'll require new knees down the line at some point.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
20190322_114104.jpg20190322_114115.jpg
When I changed out my main breaker panel today in my house this is what I found, and the breaker never tripped.
My public service announcement for the day, if you have a Federal Pacific breaker box in any building you own, get it changed out before it starts a fire. It's estimated that the Federal Pacific breakers are responsible for 1,800 house fires every year.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
In my book GE breakers are just as bad or worse. When I was doing electrical work we had a electrical fire when a 100 amp breaker didn't trip. We later found all kinds of defective 15 and 20 amp ones.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
In my book GE breakers are just as bad or worse. When I was doing electrical work we had a electrical fire when a 100 amp breaker didn't trip. We later found all kinds of defective 15 and 20 amp ones.
I've bought square D breaker that were bad off the shelf also. If its man made it will fail, some just at a higher rate than others.

Last edited:

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
We learned to stick with Square D and Westinghouse. While we did have some failures none were catastrophic.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I've bought square D breaker that were bad off the shelf also. If its man made it will fail, some just at a higher rate than others.
probly doesn't help that illegal invaders are doing the work americans won't do.

ya git what ya pay for and we reap what we sow!
we have become a throw away society,
if consumers want quality ,they must first ,demand quality.

Last edited: