The 2018 Elk picture Thread

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
Idaho otc

A first for me with this bull was: After I shot and I was climbing the clearcut to where the bull was, I ran into a hunter, he helped me find my bull. It was a boom flop situation. After that hunter left, 1 minute later another hunter walks up to me and proceeds to watch me and talk to me the entire time I broke my bull down. I never even got a chance to do my happy dance with this bull!

Attachments

highplainsdrifter

Very Active Member
May 4, 2011
Wyoming
Idaho otc

A first for me with this bull was: After I shot and I was climbing the clearcut to where the bull was, I ran into a hunter, he helped me find my bull. It was a boom flop situation. After that hunter left, 1 minute later another hunter walks up to me and proceeds to watch me and talk to me the entire time I broke my bull down. I never even got a chance to do my happy dance with this bull!
Should have done your happy dance anyway. They probably didn't have the authority to have you committed.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Atlantic City, nice! I have spent a lot of time in those barren lands looking at elk run across dunes and sage.

jjenness

Very Active Member
Sep 30, 2011
Lewistown, MT
Wow. Incredible bull in every aspect! Do i see triple fronts on the left.. 6x7? Amazing length on the thirds and just an absolute giant. Congrats!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Ya he has triple left front. Pretty neat bull, fingers crossed that maybe it might make the magazine one day.

tttoadman

Very Active Member
Nov 16, 2012
Oregon
ID OTC rifle tag. He is the little one. My Brother was able to run down the 6x7 this guy was arguing with and get him a half hour later. The "7" he is claiming is a bit of a stretch, but he really worked hard for it so we will give it to him.:D No field pic because he is too lazy to carry a tripod for photos. We bagged and packed all night to get meat to the trail. The closest thing to a pack photo is the horse train packing out for us. It was nice on the old bones and sore feat.

Last edited: